Which straight razor did you use today?

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Boker King Cutter 15/16.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hess Fortyfour Stainless 6/8

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Henkels Friodur 6/8

Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

"No enterprise can exist for itself alone. It ministers to some great need, it performs some great service, not for itself, but for others; or failing therein, it ceases to be profitable and ceases to exist."
Calvin Coolidge
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, I think somewhere in the distant past I saw a photo of someone's razors in a beautiful display case on the wall, and I've often wondered if that wall full of beautiful razors might have been yours!

PS: thanks for the photos! :lol: (Either one or both would be a wonderful complement to my small family of razors. Just in case you decide to include them when you get around to downsizing.)
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Clauss 6/8.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Well, it turns out the joke's on me. I took a look back at the SOTD postings for the entire week preceding this week, and there were two of us who use straight razors, and posted that fact in the SOTD forum. Ron (Zot!) and I, and that's it. There just aren't many guys who post here who use straight razors, or at the very least, who care to take the time to post it. By the way, today's straight razor for me was the SSA 6/8 quarter ground razor. Best regards!
Gary

loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

What's the name of that internet shop for John Crowley, who at used to see Wacker blades and other German brands?
Zot!

Post by Zot! »

I used the Boker 4/8 Extra Hollow today. I didn't think I would like a small straight but Jarrod from The Superior Shave recommended it to me and I just really love everything about it.
Ron
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

loueedacat1 wrote:What's the name of that internet shop for John Crowley, who at used to see Wacker blades and other German brands?
http://www.shavingshop.com/

John's a good guy.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

I just took a look at his inventory of straight razors from A to Z, he's selling some very nice razors.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today the rotation brought up the very nice Hess Fortyfour 6/8. Holds the edge very well, and shaves just like its supposed to.
Gary

a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

5/8 Rugra.
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
pinklather

6/8 1/4 hol. Robert Williams

Post by pinklather »

Dr, and Brother - you have some mighty tastey blades.

This one always delivers, as does it's more plain stable mate. No steel feels like Williams to me.

[/img]
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's exciting matchup was the Boker King Cutter and Stephan Stay Smooth brushless. I had time so I made it a leisurely two pass shave, which only means I applied a second coat of Stephan's midway through.
Gary

jgkeegan

Post by jgkeegan »

This.

jgkeegan

Post by jgkeegan »

This.

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's SR of choice is the Hart Steel 6/8 .
Gary

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

brothers wrote:Today's SR of choice is the Hart Steel 6/8 .
Best not say so at SRP. Certain people there have a great hate for the Hart razors. A pity.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jgkeegan

Post by jgkeegan »

drmoss_ca wrote:
brothers wrote:Today's SR of choice is the Hart Steel 6/8 .
Best not say so at SRP. Certain people there have a great hate for the Hart razors. A pity.

Chris

I know I shouldn't ask, but what's the deal?

--james