source for .25u diamond spray?

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
ShadowsDad

source for .25u diamond spray?

Post by ShadowsDad »

I almost never enter into the inner sanctum of straight razors on this forum, but I have a gent from the other side of the pond working with me to get my Rolls SE Razor (basically a segment of straight razor) in shape and useable.

Can anyone suggest a supplier of diamond spray of .25u size? He also mentioned something about a wool strop surface. I assume this wool should be quite smooth?

Just to allay considerations, that won't be all that I'll be using, he also suggests some FeOx as a finish for the stropped razor and most of the time using the FeOx strop. What I want to do is be able to keep my Rolls going and kept going for an indefinite period of time. FWIW, he will hone the blades for me before I implement the diamond and FeOx stropping.

I also have no doubt that I just demonstrated my significant ignorance about straight razors. But this is the first time I've dabbled into the alchemy of making a shave worthy edge. Be gentle with me. :oops: :D

TIA!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Re: source for .25u diamond spray?

Post by brothers »

Brian, I am sending you a PM.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

Brian, this endeavor might not be a one stop shop. The .25 micron diamond spray can be had at a number of places but the one that comes to mind is Straight Razor Designs I believe they have felt strops too. I do think I ordered mine from Hand American though (diamond spray). I haven't messed with the other stuff. I've seen it for sale but I can't remember where.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks gents!

I sent out my blades for honing to the gent in the UK who's helping me. So maybe in a month I might see them again. I'll get them back when they arrive and no sooner. Getting the Rolls Razor has been on hold for well over a year now, so I'm in no hurry. But it does give me time to get things ordered and squared away.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square