Source for lapping films?

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
ShadowsDad

Source for lapping films?

Post by ShadowsDad »

In my "about to commence" experimentation with the Rolls Razor I'm going to require 1.0u (green) and 0.3u lapping film. Not PSA backed.

I tried to do a 'net search for it and turned up (basically) nothing. HELP!! Anyone?

I need a source.

Thanks In advance!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Oscar11

Re: Source for lapping films?

Post by Oscar11 »

I think this is where I got my first batch of lapping film. I've only used Alum. Oxide, it works great. Word's out there are many sources availablle. Check Amazon and Lee Valley Tools too.
http://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.c ... up_id=1350
brothers

Post by brothers »

I haven't checked lately, but WoodCraft had it when I bought some a couple of years ago. Unless I'm mistaken, you can still order from the WoodCraft catalog and have it sent to your home.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks gents!

I went onto Amazon and did a search and found some. How odd that it didn't show up when I did a 'net search for it. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square