Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
Data

Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish

Post by Data »

If you haven't tried this stuff on a cotton strop or piece of denim, it might be the magic you seek. I find it adds keenness without the harshness I get from Chromium Oxide. It is actually extra fine Aluminum Oxide. As long as the edge is fully developed this polish will improve ATG passes and help keep the edge going between trips to the stones. If the edge is not up to snuff, you end up adding keenness to an under developed edge which then adds red dye to your shaving cream. It is cheap and easy to use. Blue Magic is another similar paste. An old pair of denim jeans can make a nice platform for it. 10-20 passes is all you need. I have it on one side of my Kanayama canvas. When it gets too black and starts to feel different I wash the strop with a soapy brush and reapply.
brothers

Re: Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish

Post by brothers »

Thanks for the new information. I'm not rushing out to get a bottle, but am definitely going to write this down so I can read the label next time I'm browsing at one of the stores that carry these types of products. Something to consider.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444