Anyone tried Holy Black shavette?

Use a straight. You know it makes sense.
Seamus

Anyone tried Holy Black shavette?

Post by Seamus »

Hi all --

Been a dog's age since I've visited -- life has a way of taking me ever farther from the online world! But as I find my interest in shaving gear re-igniting, I keep getting interested in the Holy Black shavette. It looks much, much more substantial than any other kind I've seen, so it seems likely to be a big improvement over the several others I've tried. Those others were so wickedly unforgiving that I finally gave up in defense of my face! I do have a few straights, and use them occasionally, so I'm not a stranger to the real deal, which has made the shavettes seem all the more flimsy.

Has anyone given their shavette a try?

Thanks!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Anyone tried Holy Black shavette?

Post by Squire »

I tried the shavettes, gosh, 30 years ago, but it was just to satisfy my curiosity. Flimsy and unsubstantial are my dim recollections.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Re: Anyone tried Holy Black shavette?

Post by brothers »

I agree with your "wicked and unforgiving" observation. Far too much blood for me. One and done, and good riddance!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444