So far from me, another vote for Feather Blades!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
rnconync

So far from me, another vote for Feather Blades!

Post by rnconync »

Well, I just got my packs of feather blades from Pauldog yesterday and gave one a spin last night! I am very pleased with my first try of them! I will have to keep using them for a while and see if the trend continues. If it does, then I will be moving from Derby's to Feathers!

So far I have have gotten one of my better shaves fairly easy from the blade. It seemed easier to clean up the hard to get areas that usually take a bit more to get nice and smooth.

Now my only problem is, when I get a nice BBS shave...I almost can't shave but every other day. Because at the end of the first day...there's not a whole lot of stubble to cut and I end up tearing my face up trying to clean up the light stubble... ah well...
-Bruce
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Re: So far from me, another vote for Feather Blades!

Post by tonyespo »

rnconync wrote:Well, I just got my packs of feather blades from Pauldog yesterday and gave one a spin last night! I am very pleased with my first try of them! I will have to keep using them for a while and see if the trend continues. If it does, then I will be moving from Derby's to Feathers!

So far I have have gotten one of my better shaves fairly easy from the blade. It seemed easier to clean up the hard to get areas that usually take a bit more to get nice and smooth.

Now my only problem is, when I get a nice BBS shave...I almost can't shave but every other day. Because at the end of the first day...there's not a whole lot of stubble to cut and I end up tearing my face up trying to clean up the light stubble... ah well...
Be careful trying to get too close too soon. Irritation may not happen on the first or even second shave, but if you keep trying to get too close day after day it will happen unless you're lucky enought to have skin like leather like I do. The biggest mistake people make when they first switch to feather blades is to make more passes than they really need. It will remove a micro fine layer of skin and leave you with a case of razor burn if you over do it.

I'm glad to see another Tar Heel on the forum.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

One person said that with these blades all he had to do was wave the razor near his face, and it shaved him. Not too far from the truth, actually. :lol:
Ben

Post by Ben »

notthesharpest wrote:One person said that with these blades all he had to do was wave the razor near his face, and it shaved him. Not too far from the truth, actually. :lol:
Yep, and when you move up to the next level, you can just look at the razor and come away with a shave. After that is Level 2, where just looking at a pack of Feather blades will leave you with a great shave. At Level 1, just knowing you have Feather blades in the house is enough to automatically have a flawless shave. For example: My face felt a little rough after work yesterday. As I started my car, I thought about the Feather blades at home and wound up with a lap covered in stubble. Amazing.
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Ben wrote:
notthesharpest wrote:One person said that with these blades all he had to do was wave the razor near his face, and it shaved him. Not too far from the truth, actually. :lol:
Yep, and when you move up to the next level, you can just look at the razor and come away with a shave. After that is Level 2, where just looking at a pack of Feather blades will leave you with a great shave. At Level 1, just knowing you have Feather blades in the house is enough to automatically have a flawless shave. For example: My face felt a little rough after work yesterday. As I started my car, I thought about the Feather blades at home and wound up with a lap covered in stubble. Amazing.
Just put a feather under your pillow and you wake up with a great shave.

I can see this thread is going to get crazy. :lol:
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
cigar-&-Shave

Post by cigar-&-Shave »

Yes, a real feather in the cap... and wake up bald!
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

For me, I can just load a Feather in my razor and my face starts bleed!

:shock:
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

nteeman wrote:For me, I can just load a Feather in my razor and my face starts bleed!

:shock:
Shaving stigmata! A holy miracle!

Chris
Now you can sell your face on eBay.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
rnconync

Post by rnconync »

haha...
Be careful trying to get too close too soon. Irritation may not happen on the first or even second shave, but if you keep trying to get too close day after day it will happen unless you're lucky enought to have skin like leather like I do. The biggest mistake people make when they first switch to feather blades is to make more passes than they really need. It will remove a micro fine layer of skin and leave you with a case of razor burn if you over do it.

I'm glad to see another Tar Heel on the forum.
I will see how it goes over the next few days..I got a little razor burn last night, but it's almost always in the same 2 spots on my neck! :x

Yes! I noticed you were from NC also when I first joined! Haven't been down to Charlotte for a few months..Last time I went was when my parents were in town visiting...
-Bruce
anitract

Post by anitract »

Feathers can't be that much sharper than other blades can they? I mean how much sharper can a thin strip of metal get?

/uses Derby
//is contemplating trying Feathers
Ben

Post by Ben »

A lot. :wink:
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

anitract wrote:Feathers can't be that much sharper than other blades can they?
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! Oh, you mean it? Oh... Well, when you try them you'll notice a difference -- and when you go back to another blade you'll really learn!

Anyway, nice jinx on yourself for the first time you try one. :7) Also, please don't cheer for my team.

- Will
anitract

Post by anitract »

heh When I do try one out I'll probably have a repeat of my first DE shave: hands shaking, sweat rolling down my face...I think it took 45 minutes to complete. No nicks, but the nerves man, the nerves!
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

anitract wrote:heh When I do try one out I'll probably have a repeat of my first DE shave: hands shaking, sweat rolling down my face...I think it took 45 minutes to complete. No nicks, but the nerves man, the nerves!
i was pretty nervous the first time i used feathers, after all the horror stories i have read about first shave with feathers.

but, it was not that bad, 2 small nicks only :) but razor burn was bad :(

the subsequent shaves have been better :)

-R.
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me