Picked up a shaving bowl at Target

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
RueTheDay

Picked up a shaving bowl at Target

Post by RueTheDay »

I was getting impatient waiting for my Classicshaving order to arrive, so I headed over to Target and got the Prorasso Shaving Cream, Soap, and Brush.

While in the housewares section, I saw a perfect shaving bowl - double walled stainless steel, 2.6" high by 5.3" wide with a beautiful shape. It's listed as the "Medium Prep Bowl" and was $5.99. Just thought I'd pass the info along.
greenerock

Post by greenerock »

I got mine at Target too. It's in the stoneware collection. It's brown with a lighter brown inside. It will fit in your hand. Works great and only $2.99.
Doug
olkev

Re: Picked up a shaving bowl at Target

Post by olkev »

RueTheDay wrote:I was getting impatient waiting for my Classicshaving order to arrive, so I headed over to Target and got the Prorasso Shaving Cream, Soap, and Brush.

While in the housewares section, I saw a perfect shaving bowl - double walled stainless steel, 2.6" high by 5.3" wide with a beautiful shape. It's listed as the "Medium Prep Bowl" and was $5.99. Just thought I'd pass the info along.
You got any pics of this? There's a double walled bowl that some were looking for earlier.
Ol' Kev
If the girls don't think you're handsome, at least let 'em think you're handy . . . - Red Green

Gold Gillette Tech
pre/post '48 Gold Aristocrats (2)
1970 Gold Gillette Super Adjustable
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

greenerock wrote:I got mine at Target too. It's in the stoneware collection. It's brown with a lighter brown inside. It will fit in your hand. Works great and only $2.99.
I use one like Doug's and find it works well. (At least it sounds like the same one; Target has lots of possibilities for shaving bowls. Mine is 4.5 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches high.) I like the shape and the round bottom. There are several color options for the inside.

Kudos to Target for carrying Proraso.

Ed
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

They only carry Proraso so they can sell the lathering bowls---that's where they make their money. :D
greenerock

Post by greenerock »

smoothshaver wrote:
greenerock wrote:I got mine at Target too. It's in the stoneware collection. It's brown with a lighter brown inside. It will fit in your hand. Works great and only $2.99.
I use one like Doug's and find it works well. (At least it sounds like the same one; Target has lots of possibilities for shaving bowls. Mine is 4.5 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches high.) I like the shape and the round bottom. There are several color options for the inside.

Kudos to Target for carrying Proraso.

Ed
They have one with light brown, darker brown, or blue inside. They are the best soap container/lathering bowl. I should buy a couple of more just in case they stop carrying them.
Doug
machine

Post by machine »

RueTheDay: What brand is the bowl? I only ask because I'm trying to find the bowl online and can't seem to find it. Also Target is 30 minutes away so I would rather see it online first. Or get the brandname so I can call too.

I have tried searching but I have failed. Just looking for some more information, it sounds like what I'm looking for :)
machine

Post by machine »

RueTheDay: What brand is the bowl? I only ask because I'm trying to find the bowl online and can't seem to find it. Also Target is 30 minutes away so I would rather see it online first. Or get the brandname so I can call too.

I have tried searching but I have failed. Just looking for some more information, it sounds like what I'm looking for :)

The closest I have came is this:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr ... B000BVBP0M

If the link doesnt go through it is a "Gourmet Standard Square Bowl – Stainless Steel (1.5-qt)"
RueTheDay

Post by RueTheDay »

machine wrote:RueTheDay: What brand is the bowl? I only ask because I'm trying to find the bowl online and can't seem to find it. Also Target is 30 minutes away so I would rather see it online first. Or get the brandname so I can call too.

The closest I have came is this:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr ... B000BVBP0M

If the link doesnt go through it is a "Gourmet Standard Square Bowl – Stainless Steel (1.5-qt)"
It's a Target house brand bowl made in China. It's not listed on their website, and it's much smaller than the one in your link. I don't have pics, maybe I'll take some this weekend.
Rob

Post by Rob »

RueTheDay wrote:It's a Target house brand bowl made in China. It's not listed on their website, and it's much smaller than the one in your link. I don't have pics, maybe I'll take some this weekend.
Thanks. I've been scouring the Target website as well. Maybe I'll just drive over there (25 minutes distance) and find it myself.
jallen013

Post by jallen013 »

mine's probably the exact same.
machine

Post by machine »

I made a stop at target today. I picked up some Proraso shaving cream and Pre shaving cream. We'll see how that worksout. Oh and I picked up the medium prep bowl as well. That was harder to find.......I sort of stumbled upon it. Thank you again for the heads up, just the bowl I was looking for.
RueTheDay

Post by RueTheDay »

machine wrote:I made a stop at target today. I picked up some Proraso shaving cream and Pre shaving cream. We'll see how that worksout. Oh and I picked up the medium prep bowl as well. That was harder to find.......I sort of stumbled upon it. Thank you again for the heads up, just the bowl I was looking for.
Yeah, it was between the kitchen knives and the blenders at my local Target.
statmobile

Post by statmobile »

So where exactly can one find a nice shaving bowl at Target? I wouldn't even know what section to go to.
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

The housewares section next to kitchen tools and appliances. They have a variety of bowls there. I went out today and got three different (inexpensive) bowls to try.
statmobile

Post by statmobile »

Leisureguy wrote:The housewares section next to kitchen tools and appliances.
Sweet, thanks Leisureguy. I have to go meet some friends for dinner tomorrow night, and the Target is right by the restaurant. I've been wet shaving for quite some time, but only recently starting to learn about the techniques described out there. It's been helping a lot with my constant razor burn on my neck, now I need a bowl to mix my cream!