A place to put my stuff

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
slcsteve

Post by slcsteve »

ScottB wrote:
slcsteve wrote: What might that unobtainable Simpsons be?

Well, its academic because I've now filled any spot I could put a brush. No complaints here its all good.

Btw, I am in awe of your collection (what I have seen and read here on SMF) and would be interested in your comments on Plisson HMW brushes Steve.

I have only one other white to compare with and thats a Rooney #1 in Finest. Its about the same size as my #16 HMW but there is only about half of the bristle material in it compared to the #16.

I find that I like the dense brush as it just seems to hold more lather and I can modulate the release of lather with varying pressure more than my other brushes. I've also gotten fond of the light bulb shape. Just seems to fit my face and it seems to offer more precision. I better stop before this thread gets yanked over to the brush forum. :)

Scott
Scott.....I think that Plisson HMW brushes are in a league by themselves - firm shafts, white tips, lightbulb shape, blah, blah. As far as performance goes, there are a multitude of fine brushes that can provide as good a lather, all things being equal, as the Plisson HMW (including a Plisson EW) but I find the aesthetics particularly pleasing and these other brushes don't perform any better than the HMW. I accumulate the damned things so you shouldn't let me dissuade anyone from buying any other high quality brushes.
Steve

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Scott and Steve,

There's always a place for this one on your shelf:

Peter
Peter
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

drP wrote:Scott and Steve,

Peter
Ah yes, now that you mention it there is a place on my shelf. Please send it right over to me DrP. I will make sure it gets the usage it deserves. That is the problem with haveing 100+ brushes right? It takes 100+ days to use them all just once! I would happily relieve you of any excess inventory so you can get to a more modest rotation. Of course the brushes you send would be yours, I would just be the um brush caretaker! Yeah thats it! I would make sure they get the use they deserve, thats it!
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
slcsteve

Post by slcsteve »

Peter
Ah! Peter - That's a real beauty. I really like the color of the horn. Looks like there's a bit of a snag or tear on the lower right corner of the label. :lol:

Leave the thumb - send the brush
Steve

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Right guys,

You send me $700,- i send you the brush :evil:
Peter
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

A wife who send him heli-skiiing and a brush collection? I think he's bluffing!
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

nt
Last edited by ScottB on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

ScottB wrote:

Peter
Beautiful. That a #20?. Did you pick it out yourself or did you ask for a dark specimen?
I bought this dark horn handled #20 HMW "in vivo" at De Koordenwinkel in Antwerp, Belgium in october 2004.....

Peter
Peter