I may have to visit this place!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Gatorade

I may have to visit this place!

Post by Gatorade »

http://www.milesandlyle.com/

I just found this place. Looks like it might be out of my range for regular visits but who knows maybe a visit or two might be in order. It looks great!

Also Art of Shaving just opened up a whole store in the mall close by.

Miami may not be on the level of Austin TX but we are improving!
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
din

Post by din »

go, go, go, let us know how it is.
if we had something like that here in salt lake, I'd have to get a second job.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Charlie, that is an attractive staff of barbers and manicurist. Make an appt. with Andrea and let us know how it went.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Charlie, Might be worth a visit, at least once. Reminds me a bit of a place here in Tampa, Capelli's, only a little larger, and a couple more services on offer. To tell you the truth though, for the most part, I've been dissappointed with such places that I've visited in the States. While expensive, they seem to hardly ever use what I would consider real quality products, and often their staff is not really that good/experianced with traditional gentlemen's grooming techiques, especially shaving. There are the occasional exceptions, of course. You might want to make the treck to Celebration, near Orlando some time. Carr's barber shop there is the only place in the US that I've ever been lathered up with a badger brush for a shave ( using Taylors cream ). And their two barbers really do a thorough and professional shave. Pleasant little shop too.
Regards,
Gordon
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

bernards66 wrote:You might want to make the treck to Celebration, near Orlando some time. Carr's barber shop there is the only place in the US that I've ever been lathered up with a badger brush for a shave ( using Taylors cream ). And their two barbers really do a thorough and professional shave. Pleasant little shop too.
Regards,
Gordon
Actually, there is now a Carr's barbers in South Beach, on Alton Road.

Charlie: Let me know how this place in Aventura is. It looks very lavish and i'd treck all the way up to Aventura if it was worth it.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

I wish we had a place like that here in Austin. I am moving to get an appointment with Andrea!!!! maybe Elba!!!

Lucky you, Charlie!!!

Raf
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"