Ever go brushless?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
DaveInPhilly

Post by DaveInPhilly »

Well, I'm sure you have all been eagerly awaiting my update. Last night I shaved with Taylor's Eton College and no brush. My initial impression was very positive. Simply rubbing it into my face produced a rather rich later. The shave was very good as well. When I was rinsing my face of after the shave I noted that there was still enough lubricity (did I just make up a word?) that I would have been comfortable making another pass or two, if need.

However, about 10 minutes after the shave I did notice quite a bit of razor burn. Much more than normal.

Edit: according to Dictionary.com lubricity is actually a word.
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

I've been using Charles' (QED) new Quick Shave product for a couple of months now and it is a fantastic brushless shave prep. In fact, I've used it daily now for a month and it delivers a very close shave with minimal passes and the post shave feel to the skin is second to none. I won't give up my brushes just yet but I have to say this is a fantastic product. As with all things cosmetic though YMMV.

Chris
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

fisherc wrote:I've been using Charles' (QED) new Quick Shave product for a couple of months now and it is a fantastic brushless shave prep. In fact, I've used it daily now for a month and it delivers a very close shave with minimal passes and the post shave feel to the skin is second to none. I won't give up my brushes just yet but I have to say this is a fantastic product. As with all things cosmetic though YMMV.

Chris
I'm sorry, what? Chris Fisher has used the same shave product every day for a month? I'm a little taken aback. :shock:
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Yup. I too am amazed. It's the first time I've used something consistently for that long in since I don't know when. :lol:

Chris
teamccloud

Post by teamccloud »

When we're talking brushless, do we mean as in "Look, Mom, I'm not using a brush" or as in a shave cream or other product that is marketed as brushless?

I used some samples of Trumpers and AOS a couple of years ago using just my hands to whip up whatever kind of lather I could. By far, the quality of the shaves was among the best ever. I used to squirt some Proraso in my hand in the shower and shave there, and again the quality of the shave great.

Now that I have a cheap brush, I won't go back to being brushless unless forced to, but that's really only for practical reasons.
Jeff
AZwildcat

Post by AZwildcat »

fisherc wrote:I've been using Charles' (QED) new Quick Shave product for a couple of months now and it is a fantastic brushless shave prep. In fact, I've used it daily now for a month and it delivers a very close shave with minimal passes and the post shave feel to the skin is second to none. I won't give up my brushes just yet but I have to say this is a fantastic product. As with all things cosmetic though YMMV.

Chris
How much is the Quick Shave?

Chris
Chris
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Chris (AZ), The Quick Shave will run you close to 11 bucks. If Chris F. has used only one shaving product for a month it must be worth checking out. Actually thought it gave a nice shave indeed & I concur with the comments from Chris about it's affect on the face. Very smooth. Charles in Charge (Hi Corey) and I had a nice conversation last week. He may have produced this on his own or with some push from Chris himself. Wild stuff in there...apricot, kernal, algae(Osea,Osea!!), lavender water, shea butter (of course these days), cinnamon, & even a bit of Japenese honeysuckle at the bottom of the ingredient 'deck'. I will always stick with those wonderful brushes and traditonal healthy non colored creams but this is a fun diversion for an overnight trip or a Quick Shave for sure.

Max