All I want for Christmas is...

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

yoyology wrote:
texasPI wrote:
yoyology wrote: Of course, if the two of you wanted to buy me one as a Christmas gift...
Only if you waved all my late fees on my overdue books... :lol:
Sorry. My godlike librarian powers don't extend outside of the Tulsa City-County system.
:cry:
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
Dave_D

Post by Dave_D »

As for me, It would be wonderful to spend the holidays in Miami with my beautiful girlfriend...wait...I'm already doing that. Dang! life is good!

Then theres that Friodur straight Ive been looking at if my eBay stuff sells...

Dave
timc

Post by timc »

... SMF III, of course.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Good grief! Is it time for this question again? So soon? God!, my father was right about the years flying by when you get older...sigh. Shaving related stuff? Well, I've got a list of it taped to the frig. for the use of my thoughtful ( sic ) wife and sons on our trip to NJ/NYC. But, one item? That mint Gillette Rocket HD razor that I have on loan from Richard!
Regards,
Gordon
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

SMF III and a Progress with the mod from this thread.

Wait. That's two. Do I really have to choose just one?

Mike
Joedy

Post by Joedy »

SteveL wrote:A Red Rider BB Gun....
You'll shoot yer eye out, kid!

Better to ask for something safe and reasonable like a Merkur Vision...

-joedy
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

bernards66 wrote:But, one item? That mint Gillette Rocket HD razor that I have on loan from Richard!
Regards,
Gordon
Gordon, it sounds like you are besotted with that razor!

Take yer time with it...
Richard
JimT

Post by JimT »

C&E to indicate that the Sweet Almond Oil Shave soap will be continued and that all product prices in the store will be reduced immediately by 25% permanently.

JimT
The Riehle Axiom - "One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

That's a really simple question. The SMF III, no, wait, a Shavemac, no, a WS Sticky, umm, no, a Feather AC, wait... a Toggle, or maybe a Slant, or a nice 195.

Maybe it's not such a simple question after all.

Tom
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Richard, Yesss...yesss....maybe so....sigh. Turns out that it's the model I've been searching for; shaves like a classic SS, or better still, like the '58 TV model, but with a heavier, beefier handle. And, yours is so..a...'minty' besides. Really is a damn nice, for real, to use everyday, sort of razor.
Regards,
Gordon
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

What I want for Christmas is for people to stop selling their companies to vicious mean-spirited narrow-gutted soulless "branding" artistes who reformulate, repackage and desecrate excellent stuff so that it no longer works, so that the new owners can temporaily cut costs, boost profits, pump-and-dump their shares and buy new! enhanced! breasts! for their ghastly but put-upon wives. That's what *I* want.

Oh, and LVMH to go bankrupt, and the EU health and safety lunatics to go just that tiny bit madder so that they have to be banged up in padded cells for the rest of their 'life'.

Otherwise it's goodwill to all men, as usual. Except for the bastards who represent everything I dislike about the stuff I hate.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Hear! Hear! I want that too!.....well, I do.
Gordon
kd7kip

Post by kd7kip »

Bargepole wrote:Otherwise it's goodwill to all men, as usual. Except for the bastards who represent everything I dislike about the stuff I hate.
I see why you're an author. A poisoned pen that warms the heart of curmudgeons such as I.
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Rob_TN wrote:Karl, have you tried a Savile Row SR-204? I swear by it now.

I want some Musgo Real A/S. But I can't justify purchasing it since I have 6 other aftershaves. ;)
Rob, purchasing the Musgo Real would then give you 7 in total, 1 for each day of the week. And it is relatively inexpensive, effective and fabulous smelling.
Best,
-Mahesh
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Bargepole wrote:What I want for Christmas is for people to stop selling their companies to vicious mean-spirited narrow-gutted soulless "branding" artistes who reformulate, repackage and desecrate excellent stuff so that it no longer works, so that the new owners can temporaily cut costs, boost profits, pump-and-dump their shares and buy new! enhanced! breasts! for their ghastly but put-upon wives. That's what *I* want.

Oh, and LVMH to go bankrupt, and the EU health and safety lunatics to go just that tiny bit madder so that they have to be banged up in padded cells for the rest of their 'life'.

Otherwise it's goodwill to all men, as usual. Except for the bastards who represent everything I dislike about the stuff I hate.
Is that all Michael? :)
Yes i agree too.
-Mahesh
wrath186

Post by wrath186 »

Er...okaaay. :shock:
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

Bargepole wrote:Otherwise it's goodwill to all men, as usual. Except for the bastards who represent everything I dislike about the stuff I hate.
Regrettably, the latter group is now nearly larger than the former.
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

alchemist wrote: Is that all Michael? :)
More? You want more?
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

X-mas? Why wait for X-mas??? It's X-mas every day of the year regarding packages.. :shock:
Peter
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

I would be willing to wager that since the time that DrP developed his first SBAD, Holland has never had a recession.
Am i right, Peter? :wink:
-Mahesh