Where are you from?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

Hi all,

I've lived in Pittsburgh, PA for my entire life (40 years).

Gabby Johnson said it best....

"I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter".

Patrick
"Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!"

- Homer Simpson
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Art, you dog you, i'm not going to go there 8). As for the trip, its only an idea at this point, so there's no timeline to speak of. I'll see how things progress over the year.
Best,
-Mahesh
reginald-van-gleason

Post by reginald-van-gleason »

AACJ wrote:And you know what they say about men with big hands
Yeah... they need big gloves.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

reginald-van-gleason wrote:
AACJ wrote:And you know what they say about men with big hands
Yeah... they need big gloves.
Their knuckles drag the ground?

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
mark the shoeshine boy

Post by mark the shoeshine boy »

you gotta watch where AAjc lives, he lives so far back in the woods....that the hoot owls screw the chickens....

I believe that is where the famous line from "Delverance" the movie came from...."can you squeal like a pig, boy !!!"

but dinner with his sister...i mean his wife would be probably be very nice...

Really, just be careful if you head farther south around North Carolina...Tony lives there....

mark tssb
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT...WAIT A SECOND WHAT ABOUT A SHOESHINE, TOO ????
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

mark the shoeshine boy wrote:you gotta watch where AAjc lives, he lives so far back in the woods....that the hoot owls screw the chickens....

I believe that is where the famous line from "Delverance" the movie came from...."can you squeal like a pig, boy !!!"

Really, just be careful if you head farther south around North Carolina...Tony lives there....

mark tssb
Tony,

Are we gonna take that from him!!
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

mark the shoeshine boy wrote:you gotta watch where AAjc lives, he lives so far back in the woods....that the hoot owls screw the chickens....

mark tssb
I'll post pics of the hawk we had in our back yard over the weekend. He was eating dead rabbit..
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

crackstar wrote:Rafik, ahlan wasahlan! When you lived in Turkey, did you ever shave with ARKO soap? I love it!

Jeff
No, I was a teenager then and I just had a mustache...although my turkish friends had full beards at 16!!
My dad and I were just using gillette Foamy. Yeah, not great, but was working well because of the soft water, perfect weather and organic foods. All these helped (good complexion, great skin, hey we weren't even using SPF, moisturizers... just soap, foam and go!)
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Rafik, talking about a beard, I had one at the age of 25, but I didn't like it at all. It took me exactly 10 days to grow it, but I'm into the clean-shaven look. I think I used canned foam a grand total of 6 times in my whole life, and I'm 51, going on 52 in May.

Jeff
MrDink

Post by MrDink »

Almost Heaven.... West By God Virginia
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

MrDink wrote:Almost Heaven.... West By God Virginia
I know I've heard that somewhere else before... :wink:

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

crackstar wrote:Rafik, talking about a beard, I had one at the age of 25, but I didn't like it at all. It took me exactly 10 days to grow it, but I'm into the clean-shaven look. I think I used canned foam a grand total of 6 times in my whole life, and I'm 51, going on 52 in May.

Jeff
Wow, 6 times only, u are a real wetshaver, Jeff
Now, I have a fast growing and super tough beard that is 85-90% full
ichabod
Mackem

English-American

Post by ichabod »

I was born and grew up (physically not mentally) in the north east of England - near Newcastle, home of the beer. Fell in love with an American girl, got married and moved to the US of A. I've been a US citizen for a few years now. We lived in Colorado for 12 years, and then Tampa, Florida the last 9 months. The desert to the gulf, no difference at all, really ;o).
Unfortunately for my wife, the next trip back to the old country will have to incorporate trips to all those old school shaving places that begin with T a lot. Well, we visited the museums last time...
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Rafik, you and I have the same kind of beard, I get 5 o'clock shadow at 2:00!

Jeff
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

crackstar wrote:Rafik, you and I have the same kind of beard, I get 5 o'clock shadow at 2:00!

Jeff
Hmm, I wouldn't say I get the shadow at 2:00. Ur beard grows faster than mine, especially considering the fact that u are a wetshaver (which means closer shaves)
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Rafik, perhaps you're right, I have one of the heaviest, fastest-growing beard of anyone I know, and I don't know who or where I get it from. My dad's beard is just normal, neither of my grandfathers had such rough beards, so I must be part ape! Yet, when I finish shaving, my skin's very smooth. I do get very close shaves, thank God. Long live us wetshavers!

Jeff
Valaire

Post by Valaire »

Grew up on Long Island, went to undergrad in Atlanta, now in graduate school in NYC.
Chad
Modicon

Post by Modicon »

Currently living in Red Stick, Louisiana - aka Baton Rouge.
Grew up in New Orleans, then moved to BR about 12 years ago for college. Been here since then.
Another "Geaux Tigers!"
Cade

Post by Cade »

Born in Calgary, Canada; moved to Glasgow, Scotland when I was a toddler and am still here.

Mom is in Tucson, Az. which is really nice.
Aunt is in Roanoke, Virginia which was lovely.
They're both originally from up-state New York (Troy) which I really enjoyed visiting when I was younger.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Born - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Moved to London, England
Moved to Winnipeg->Toronto->Winnipeg Canada....and here I sit...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.