Good Ebayer?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Earl Gray

Good Ebayer?

Post by Earl Gray »

Hi guys,just been checking out Ebay(on the off chance I might want to buy some shaving gear!?!) and a sellers name appeared quite frequently and they had a good range of qualiy looking razors for sale.
I was just wondering if anyone has bought products from them,they go by the name Tourbillon 1500.
Thanks in advance, Richard
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I can't say I've heard of him, but he does have a lot of nice stuff. You can also find a lot of stuff here in our boards, and probably at a better price than on ebay.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

I have bought from him and he is a memeber here on SMF by a different name. I don't know if he wants to keep those two IDs separate, so I won't reveal it.

He is very good at communicating any info you might need. Just be sure to ask questions about whatever item you are looking at. His prices are reasonable, as far as I can tell. He seems honest and up front, but like I said be sure to ask if you have any concerns. I know when I got a superspeed from him, he wrapped it securely with bubble wrap and even gift wrapped it, before packaging it for shipping. I keep watching some of his items with interest but SWMBO has put a temporary hold on my shaving spending. :oops:
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
bladerunner

Post by bladerunner »

I've had the same experience. Bought my Superspeed from him. In pristine condition, as advertised. Nicely bubble wrapped and all done up like a Christmas present. He's prompt and courteous with e-mail replies. A very good seller, IMO.
Paul

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government." - Woody Allen

The Faxer
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Tim

You need a super hush slush fund. And when caught do what they do......"Oh this; honey I bought that AGES ago"

:P

Clive
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

fallingwickets wrote:Tim

You need a super hush slush fund. And when caught do what they do......"Oh this; honey I bought that AGES ago"

:P

Clive
:lol: That would be easier if I had not just recently started wet shaving. In fact after I showed interest, she was the one that ordered my EJ Best Badger brush and a tube of Trumper's Violet from The English Shaving Company. At this point she doesn't even care how much it cost. She doesn't want to see anymore packages in the mail for a while. At least until I get more use out of what I already have.

I have 4 razors and 1 on the way, 3 creams, 2 brushes etc.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

I forgot to mention that I acquired the 5 razors, 3 creams, 1 soap, 6 types of blades, 2 brushes, GFT coral skin food, aloe, moisturizer, bowl etc. all within the last 3 weeks. :twisted:

I also look for stuff whenever we go to any store that may or may not have something shaving related. 8-[

I know this is not an impressive list. But, for just starting out, it seems a little much for her. :shock:
~ Tim ~

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Tim

Show her some of the pictures members post here showing their stash and say: See, I aint that bad......LOL

Clive
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

fallingwickets wrote:Tim

Show her some of the pictures members post here showing their stash and say: See, I aint that bad......LOL

Clive
:lol: :lol:

She doesn't know what to think about me going to a forum about shaving..."what could be so interesting about it that grown men could discuss daily?" :roll:
~ Tim ~

addicted

Post by addicted »

nodaktim wrote:At this point she doesn't even care how much it cost. She doesn't want to see anymore packages in the mail for a while.
Oh, well, in this case all you have to do is to ship it to your work or friend's house :twisted:
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Tim

Send the wifee here. After a day with me she'll be begging you to bring the lap top to bed to check posts here on SMF and she'll open an unlimited account for you at your favourite shave stores :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clive
freebird

Post by freebird »

addicted wrote:
nodaktim wrote:At this point she doesn't even care how much it cost. She doesn't want to see anymore packages in the mail for a while.
Oh, well, in this case all you have to do is to ship it to your work or friend's house :twisted:
When I was working that's what I did, although not to keep it from anyone as I'm unattached. I happened to be an assistant in Shipping/receiving. It didn't hurt that the UPS driver was a cute blonde gal either ;)
Barbarosa

This was supposed to be about me

Post by Barbarosa »

Hello,

This was supposed to be about my razors and me; how come this topic derailed? However, I can fully understand, my wife still has a hard time coping with my 10 shaving creams. Good thing that I don't spend too much on razors :) .
Tim is actually very nice, I messed up with his razor; on the flip side he got it for cheap.
I cannot stand myself when I say this, but sometimes you can find some cheaper razors on the trading forum; not the rare ones in excellent condition though. A 66, Sticky, Rocket or Executive will end up on EBay.
However, I believe I do a good job in cleaning and polishing my razors and I have no problem with what I'm doing. Also, Gillette Co is helping me a lot with a 3$ price tag for a Gillette Fusion cartridge.
Not related, but anyone knows how could I contact Plisson? They seem to have a strange PR strategy.

Regards,
Alfred
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Re: This was supposed to be about me

Post by nodaktim »

Barbarosa wrote:Hello,

This was supposed to be about my razors and me; how come this topic derailed? However, I can fully understand, my wife still has a hard time coping with my 10 shaving creams. Good thing that I don't spend too much on razors :) .
Tim is actually very nice, I messed up with his razor; on the flip side he got it for cheap.
I cannot stand myself when I say this, but sometimes you can find some cheaper razors on the trading forum; not the rare ones in excellent condition though. A 66, Sticky, Rocket or Executive will end up on EBay.
However, I believe I do a good job in cleaning and polishing my razors and I have no problem with what I'm doing. Also, Gillette Co is helping me a lot with a 3$ price tag for a Gillette Fusion cartridge.
Not related, but anyone knows how could I contact Plisson? They seem to have a strange PR strategy.

Regards,
Alfred
Alfred,

You are more than fair as a seller, especially when addressing any concerns. Thank you again for being up front and being quick to reply to my questions. You also helped me to understand more about ebay and razors in general, not just about your items. You were patient and answered all of my newbie questions. I feel that you went above and beyond and that seems rare now adays with the general public. Good luck to you in your future sales and may you have continued success.

BTW Where do you find all of those good condition razors... ?

:mrgreen: I'm green with envy. :mrgreen:
~ Tim ~

Str8G8r

Re: This was supposed to be about me

Post by Str8G8r »

nodaktim wrote:BTW Where do you find all of those good condition razors... ?

:mrgreen: I'm green with envy. :mrgreen:
Why do I think that when he finds them they are not in such good condition? Elbow grease and attention to detail is what makes them so good. That is also one of the things that makes up a good seller.
--Charlie
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

"Tourbillon" buys a lot of stuff on eBay, too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's why I now have a bunch of razors I need to get around to selling for the big bucks at auction.
Donatzsky

Post by Donatzsky »

As far as I can tell Plisson is not a company in its own right, but rather just a brand nowadays.
The name of the parent company is Vikim Diffusion:
http://www.business-directory-france.co ... 69298.html
http://www.lamaisondubarbier.com/fr/6/index.html <- Seems to be another of their brands.
http://www.abc-d.fr/francais/firma_197171.html
http://www.kompass.com/en/FR8506128

45, Rue François Jaffrain
22120 YFFINIAC
France
Phone : +33 (0)2 96 63 34 50
Fax : +33 (0)2 96 63 37 50
Email : vikim.diffusion@wanadoo.fr

It also appears to be them that owns Joris.

Edit:
I seem to remember reading some posts with people "complaining" that Joris is hard to get.
It just occurred to me that, seeing as Plisson and Joris are the same company, you might be able to order the Joris soap through your habitual Plisson pusher.
Nis
Je ne suis un homme sans fautes