New ShaveMyFace.com Dopp Bag Project

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

a-cut-above wrote:New babies, and the wives that just had them, are more important than shave bags. Congratulations. Get back to us when you can.
Dave
I disagree. Learn to multi-task man. :lol:
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Update: I've been in contact with the manufacturer and I'm going to send him a sample of a dopp bag so he can get the dimensions. I've sent him some photos of what we're looking for. Once he gets the sample from me he will then be able to design it to our specs. Since he is in a different country it may take a little longer but in the end I know we'll have a great quality bag.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
AlbertAnthrax

Post by AlbertAnthrax »

what country is a "Different Country" lol.. All I ask is no bag made in China with Toxic Levels of Lead or other poisons :shock:
Paul
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

I vote for the zippered utilikit.

I've had all 3 types at different times. For whatever reason, I've always been able to get more stuffed into one of the utilikit types than the hanging or flat types.

Plus I need a new Dopp kit. My last utilikit got lost in a move.
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

I second the vote on the one without the toxic levels of lead and other poisons.
I didn't realize those were on the list. :?
Bob
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Update: Sorry for the long delays. Our manufacturer has the specs and is working on a sample(s). I want to make sure this is going to be a quality bag with quality leather. Since I'm dealing direct with the manufacturer our cost won't be very high. Though I'm not sure of the cost yet, I'm expecting it to be less than $50 and probably less, no guarantees. I think I want to have www.ShaveMyFace.com embroidered on the inside somewhere.

As of right now the way shipping will work, I am going to be handling everything. Shipping, packaging, sorting, etc.. Once the sample is ready for production and we don't have anyone to front the money, I might need everyone to pay upfront depending on the total amount of bags we make and the total cost.

Once I get a sample in my hands I definitely post pics.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Johnnie wrote:Though I'm not sure of the cost yet, I'm expecting it to be less than $50 and probably less, no guarantees. I think I want to have www.ShaveMyFace.com embroidered on the inside somewhere.
Wow. This project just became a lot more interesting to me. Thanks for taking all this on, Johnnie.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

ScottS wrote:
Johnnie wrote:Though I'm not sure of the cost yet, I'm expecting it to be less than $50 and probably less, no guarantees. I think I want to have www.ShaveMyFace.com embroidered on the inside somewhere.
Wow. This project just became a lot more interesting to me. Thanks for taking all this on, Johnnie.
Because of the cost or you'd be proud to display SMF on your dopp bag? :P
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Cicerosecundus

Suggestions as to design.

Post by Cicerosecundus »

Interior design:

A holder that will hold and protect a small travel brush - it must protect the badger from being misshapen when other contents roll abound.

A holder for a razor that will protect hands that reach in from being cut.

A holder for a wet piece of shaving soap that encloses it so that it does not bang against loose things that roll about in the bag.

Cicerosecundus
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Johnnie wrote:
ScottS wrote:
Because of the cost or you'd be proud to display SMF on your dopp bag? :P
Sorry I missed the follow-up Johnnie. Both, actually, but I'm much prouder to display an SMF logo when it can be displayed without a $100 bag competing!
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Johnnie, it's folks like you volunteering your time for the rest of us that make this a special place to visit. Thanks for all the time that you are puting into this worthwhile project, it is appreciated.
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
final_id

Post by final_id »

What's the status with this thing? Is there some way we can find out how to get one?
Cliff in New Orleans
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

final_id wrote:What's the status with this thing? Is there some way we can find out how to get one?
I had to send samples and specs to the manufacturer to give them idea of what we want. They are in the process of putting together several different models for me to look at. Hopefully within two weeks I'll have photos of the first sample. Right now we are not taking orders yet.

Once we begin taking orders everything will go through me. I will do all the sorting, packaging and shipping. I've found boxes locally that should fit the bag for about .75 cents each. Like I said previously, I will probably need either a deposit or the full payment in advance so we can pay for these. I don't want to explain to my wife why we're short $1000. 'Babe, I had to take $1000 from out account in order to pay for the wash bags that everyone is ordering.' That wouldn't go over very well and I'm sure you guys wouldn't want me to go through that. Once I have photos I will post them so you can see what you're buying.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
soulshine

Post by soulshine »

i have no problems paying for this up front at all.

s~s
final_id

Post by final_id »

I'd pay up-front as well, as long as the price were right. People are gentlemen here. :D
Cliff in New Orleans
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

I'm in and would be happy to volunteer with helping. Not sure where "SGV" is in relation to San Francisco, but if close enough, you've got it.
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

If it was a good product, which I have no doubts it will be, I would definitely pay up front. I trust you guys!

Warmest regards, Niksa
krisbarger

I'm In

Post by krisbarger »

I would pay up front.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the issue! [Benjamin Franklin 1759]
kd7kip

Re: I'm In

Post by kd7kip »

krisbarger wrote:I would pay up front.
Ditto...

-Scott
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...
BlankTim

Post by BlankTim »

Yeap, up front is perfectly reasonable under the circumstances.
-Tim
...So I lathered him with me shillelagh...