New ShaveMyFace.com Dopp Bag Project

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
TOB9595

Post by TOB9595 »

I hope it works out. A lot of time has been invested by you, Johnie.
Sometimes things don't happen no matter what you do. I hope this happens
Regards and thanks for the work on this.
Tom
I keep CHRIST in CHRISTMAS
God Bless America
NRA Endowed
NJKCA #016
Flashoholic
Here is my Sale and TRADE stuff
http://picasaweb.google.com/tob9595/SaleAndTrade
wkodgzeke

Post by wkodgzeke »

wow, these look really good

my favorite was the brown leather one that looks kind of like an old doctor's kit in the way that it opens
wtruitt

Post by wtruitt »

Pray this works out.. you have invested a huge amt of time (as I see from reading the entire thread)..
I'm interested!
Wayne
aaronrules

Post by aaronrules »

Do we have an update?
Aaron
Ft. Smith, AR
I love this forum!
hookem11

Post by hookem11 »

I like the zippered utilikit model in brown as shown or black. Would make a great Christmas gift

Al

My aplogies. I had not read the whole topic thoroughly. You are, of course, far beyond selecting a style of Dopp bag and into the detailed specifics of the selected style. It is obviously a great deal of work and I am sure much appreciated.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Gentlemen-

I apologize for the long hiatus. In regards to this project, unfortunately it's going to have to be put on hold. After waiting weeks and weeks for pictures I received a package in the mail with two dopp bags and neither one of them was what I ordered. One was nylon with suede and the other was just red canvas. Both of them were horrible quality with plastic zippers. Even if they did come in the right material and colors there is no way I would've been able to let you guys buy these. The quality is horrible. The plastic liner (which is not what I wanted) was almost as cheap as a plastic bag. The zipper wouldn't close past the curve and if you were able to close it, the closed part would open. I've dealt with this manufacturer in the past and they been great. However, when it comes to them having to produce something from scratch they didn't do so well. I used one of the dopp bags while traveling several times and I finally got fed up and left it at the hotel.

The good news is I have another connection that I will begin working with over the next few weeks. We've been in communication and I've seen his work and his own personal inventions and the quality is excellent.

When it comes to producing items such as this, there is a lot of going back and forth and forth and back. Once we start this new process and I feel confident that the project can get done properly I'll post a new thread and keep everyone informed.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

John, I like how you're handling this. I'd rather wait for quality than have something cheesy now. Thanks for sticking with this project.

--Glenn
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Sigh!!!! We have waited this long, we can wait a little longer. Quality is what we seek. Thanks for the quality control. Let us know when they get it right.

Regards...

Oscar...
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
final_id

Post by final_id »

Thanks for the attention to detail and care. I'm also glad to wait for quite some time, and get something great, rather than rush it to completion prematurely.
Cliff in New Orleans
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Johnnie thanks for looking out. Sounds like those samples would have been a nasty surprise had you not looked at them first.

John P.
MadAussie

Post by MadAussie »

just wanted to say thanks for all the hardwork, and sorry for the dissappointment! :( (yeah late to the thread, I know).
-- Stu, the mad Australian living in Virginia :: Come on you Irons!! WHUFC --
- Honed on the grave stone of Bruce Lee -
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

MadAussie wrote:(yeah late to the thread, I know).
No worries! Of the many qualifications required to be a Mad Australian, punctuality is surely not included.

--Glenn

Just completed my evaluation at work today. Thank goodness my boss didn't write "He's punctual," which in the US translates to "Have you ever considered taking a resume writing workshop?"
HowardSchechter

Plastic mirror, padded sleeves for a couple of stones 4"

Post by HowardSchechter »

I like the hanging style but would also ask for a small mirror to be included as I envision using this kit out in the woods or in camp while on safari in Africa. In a hotel room in Arlington as well . . . (I have a rich fantasy life).
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey Howard, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire