Some Special Thanks After a Year of Double Edge Razor Shaves

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
JimT

Some Special Thanks After a Year of Double Edge Razor Shaves

Post by JimT »

After a little more than a year of double edge razor shaving since starting in February 2006, there are a few SMF members that readily come to my mind as having provided insights that greatly contributed to the close comfortable shaves I am currently enjoying.

Joe Lerch: Joe’s posts on double edge and straight razor technique offer some of the best insights available on SMF and should be required reading for all beginners.
Dr. Chris Moss: after studying your straight razor shaving guide and Joe’s posts on using a straight razor, I realized that the real challenge was sharpening the razor and that I am not ready yet. While I get great shaves with my double edge razors, the allure of the classic straight razor is undeniably still present….
Doug (DEF): suggested that I start lathering creams and soaps in a bowl as originally posted by Dr. Chris Moss followed by lathering on my face. My lather technique really improved after that suggestion.
Tony (McNutt): I also enjoy great shaves with less expensive products.
JohnP: introduced me to my favorite C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shave Soap and mentioned his experiences with C&E 23% Shea Butter soap which led me to try the L’Occitane Verbena Shea Butter Soap for shaving which is the best bath soap I have discovered for shaving – like John, I found the shea butter gives a great shave with very abundant moisturizing.
Scott (kd7kip): shave cream and aftershave synergy are a critical factor relative to my product selections.
Lyrt: his posted product ingredient database is an outstanding resource and should be bookmarked. I have read it many times and marveled at how many chemicals we put on our faces just to shave.
Gramps (Larry): an experienced old timer that really enjoyed Williams got me thinking about what it was about double edge razor shaving that I really enjoyed most - the simple pleasure of getting a close comfortable shave with soap and a shaving brush using a blade with a single cutting edge. I have since learned how to get great shaves with Williams. (“Williams Mug Shaving Soap” post dated April 16, 2006).

Thanks gents.

JimT
The Riehle Axiom - "One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"
giraffejumper

Post by giraffejumper »

Blasphemy!
Where is MY name???!!!!!
You don't remember that time when I helped you with that thing that you needed help with! You know - that thing at that place with all those people with those things!
I'm never talking to you again!
-philKnowledge! Pass it on!!!
Even more knowledge! Keep it alive!
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

JimT,

What a nice gesture. I applaud you.

=D> =D> =D>
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Well, at least this time I didn't make a list getting blamed for making people spend money.

Congrats Jim.

(sometimes I have nightmares wondering what would have happened to me if I didn't stumble upon proper wetshaving *shudder*)
Richard
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

rustyblade wrote:Well, at least this time I didn't make a list getting blamed for making people spend money.

Congrats Jim.

(sometimes I have nightmares wondering what would have happened to me if I didn't stumble upon proper wetshaving *shudder*)
Don't worry Richard...I will add you to my list... :P
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain