I am back ;-) - and a SHAVE story

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
ead

I am back ;-) - and a SHAVE story

Post by ead »

Hello guys!
I have been away for the last couple weeks, been to the Israel Army, I have done gourds and my duty near Jericho (A city near Jerusalem)

Well it wasn't easy at all :( - haven't slept to much at all, and I have missed things in my "real" life, like projects I have to do

Any way, as for the shaving - I was thinking of just taking whatever I had in my bag, that was a can of gel and a Mach 3 blade, and let's say that ONLY

now I realize why is it so bad :?
When I first used DE or Straight, I thought it was cool and really loved the feeling, but only after you go back and try using Mach 3 or what ever garbage they sell you today, you come to perspicaciousness of the all shaving idea :twisted:

The shaving was really horriable, not close at all and really bother me!
so
Now I am back and safe at home with me Wet-Shaving and my DE or Straight

Glad to hear from you guys :)
jslfl

Post by jslfl »

Well ead, glad you are back. Hope your duty was safe. As you can tell we notice when people are missing in action.
Steve/Bronco

Post by fallingwickets »

Welcome back. I had to do camps myself..............it SUCKS, but always makes everything back at home feel that much better.

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
AlBaron

Post by AlBaron »

EAD,
welcome back! I didn't even notice you were gone! :lol:

As a side note, being an American Jew, just wanted to tell you that we really, and I mean REALLY, appreciate what you, guys, are going through there.
Thanks for everything!
Alexander
ead

Post by ead »

Tank you all guys
I just want to say, that here in Israel we have a thing called "Miluim"
It is a service duty in the army we do usually once a year for something like from 1 week to 3-4 weeks up to the age of 38-39

It is usually pretty irritating when the army takes you in the middle of the life and put a gun ,helmet and an army boots on you, but Israel has many foes and we don't have such a big army, so every one here helps the army in order to have this country in a safe condition and prevent the enemys from taking over

I am glad to be home now and talking with you guys :)

Also, I have tried to convince other people to use Wet-Shaving when I was there, don't know how much it helped, but I tried 8)
AlBaron

Post by AlBaron »

ead wrote: Also, I have tried to convince other people to use Wet-Shaving when I was there, don't know how much it helped, but I tried 8)
Next time, just take some of the stuff with you, so you can "recruit by example"!
Alexander
ead

Post by ead »

AlBaron wrote:
ead wrote: Also, I have tried to convince other people to use Wet-Shaving when I was there, don't know how much it helped, but I tried 8)
Next time, just take some of the stuff with you, so you can "recruit by example"!
Yep I think next time I am sure to take some stuff, I felt really bad for using the Mach-3, worst shave ever :?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Welcome back! Maybe you could put a ShaveMyFace.com bookmarker in your buddies Torah next time you are on duty. ;)
ead

Post by ead »

Rob_TN wrote:Welcome back! Maybe you could put a ShaveMyFace.com bookmarker in your buddies Torah next time you are on duty. ;)
I think we need to make a sticker for people , that way I can take 50-100 with me and spread them around :D
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

Actually, quite a good idea... Guerrilla marketing: put them on shelf edges in the drugstore razor section. :D
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Welcome back and thanks for serving.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

HEY EAD...

Welcome back friend. Glad to see you came home with all your fingers and toes and with no extra holes.

Enjoy your shave... :D
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
vespergo

Post by vespergo »

i went to my sisters house for the weekend and just didn't shave at all because i didn't want to lug around anything extra so needless to say monday morning was a great shave in the waiting.

it sure is nice to have all the equipment around to get a proper shave.
Josh