My first run with the DE....Survey says...

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
SpikeyMikey

My first run with the DE....Survey says...

Post by SpikeyMikey »

Wow....awesome, great, wonderful!! I made some lather and let it sit in hot water the whole time I was in the shower....then when I got out I added just a pinch of super hot water to the mix and whipped like crazy....I lathered up and started out...at first I wasn't too crazy about it...It didn't seems to be getting much of the hair. I changed my angle slightly and BAM I was good to go...I made 2 passes one with the grain and then one against it. Shaving this way takes a bit longer but I think it’s worth it. I think I need to use a different blade though....this run was with the blade that came with my merkur HD....I have my sample pack so in 4 days I'll give it a go with a different blade....I guess I’ll just have to get up a little earlier :(
Kramer

Post by Kramer »

Very glad to hear that you had a good first run. I hope that each of your succesive shaves will be even better.

Good luck
John - On a quest for the perfect shave...
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

You'll succeed because you're paying attention and experimenting. That's really what it takes. I would suggest, though, that you let the brush soak while you're in the shower and then mix up the lather just before you start to shave---but try it both ways and see which works for you.

Good work, man.
ead

Post by ead »

Try using different things, like soaps, creams and so on
There is where all the fun man :twisted: