The funny side of customers ...

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

The funny side of customers ...

Post by qed-usa »

True story ...

At my counter in my shop, facing the big front glass window. A chap comes into view on a bicycle, stops short, and goes over the handlebars. A few seconds later, this same chap comes into the shop, scratches on forehead, arms and legs and asks ... do you have any Trumper rose shaving cream?

Charles
Q E D
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

I hope you had some to sell to him! :D

BTW, do you still have a shop or are you strictly internet now?

--Mark
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Mark -

Closed the shop, moved on to bigger challenges. But I assure you, you would have loved the place. Designed the interior myself, in a classical motif. with the walls painted shades of gray. Needed to make certain the place had a masculine atmosphere. Original paintings on the walls of famous sailing ships, historic homes in the area, etc. All products on display behind glass cases. You walked in the door and the first thing you saw was a glass case with 56 styles of shaving brush. Products from all the famous English toiletry producers: Penhaligon's, Trumpers, D.R. Harris, J. Floris, Czech & Speake, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Truefitt & Hill ... everything accented with antique British sterling silver as well as antique British glass and linens. An eclectic assortment of merchandise ranging from chocolates from the Queen's chocolatier, Charbonnel et Walker, to silk dressing gowns from the world's oldest tailors, Ede & Ravendscroft. This is the type of shop you could easily spend an afternoon browsing, REALLY enjoying yourself. A gentleman's paradise. This shop was worthy of a New York City address. I was catering to men's toiletry requirements long before it became HOT.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Charles,

It sounds like a wonderful store. I wish I could have seen it. Sadly, I fear I was still using all four appendages to make myself mobile at that time!
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.