To Those That Live In New England

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
HBK42581

To Those That Live In New England

Post by HBK42581 »

I know of Colonial Drug in Cambridge but are there any other shops like this one in the area that sell some classic shaving materials? I'm the type that hates to wait for internet orders. I AM IMPATIENT!!! Haha.
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"

drumana

Post by drumana »

Scott

The other alternative to Colonial Drug is the Prudential/Copley mall in the Back Bay. There, you can hit up C.O Bigelow (carry Trumper's products, among many others), Crabtree & Evelyn, and Art of Shaving in one visit. Also, in Harvard Square, Leavitt & Pierce Tobacco shop sells some shaving gear.
-Andrew-
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Re: To Those That Live In New England

Post by M6Classic »

HBK42581 wrote:I know of Colonial Drug in Cambridge but are there any other shops like this one in the area that sell some classic shaving materials? I'm the type that hates to wait for internet orders. I AM IMPATIENT!!! Haha.
No, Scott, there is no alternative to Colonial Drug. Not in New England...not on the East Coast...probably not this side of St. James's Street.

Buzz
HBK42581

Post by HBK42581 »

M6Classic wrote:
HBK42581 wrote:I know of Colonial Drug in Cambridge but are there any other shops like this one in the area that sell some classic shaving materials? I'm the type that hates to wait for internet orders. I AM IMPATIENT!!! Haha.
No, Scott, there is no alternative to Colonial Drug. Not in New England...not on the East Coast...probably not this side of St. James's Street.

Buzz
Dang! Oh well. I'll just have to get used to the wait for internet orders.

M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

HBK42581 wrote:
M6Classic wrote:

Buzz
You are aware, Scott, that Colonial Drug is a real store. It does not have a web site and it does not even take credit cards...about as old fashioned as one shop can be today.

Buzz
HBK42581

Post by HBK42581 »

M6Classic wrote:
HBK42581 wrote:
M6Classic wrote: No, Scott, there is no alternative to Colonial Drug. Not in New England...not on the East Coast...probably not this side of St. James's Street.

Buzz
You are aware, Scott, that Colonial Drug is a real store. It does not have a web site and it does not even take credit cards...about as old fashioned as one shop can be today.

Buzz
Yes sir. I am such a country boy however that even my girlfriend is afraid of me taking the T by myself. Haha. She went to Northeastern and lived in Boston for 4 years so I might just have her take me in sometime. I am ashamed ;-)

drumana

Post by drumana »

Colonial Drug does indeed take credit cards. My last purchase was on the ol' VISA.
-Andrew-
M6Classic

Post by M6Classic »

drumana wrote:Colonial Drug does indeed take credit cards. My last purchase was on the ol' VISA.
Whoa! Time to convert all assets to precious metals, civilization as we have known it comes to an abrupt end. As long-time customers, my wife and I have been running a tab at Colonial for years, I hope this privilege is not lost, too. Before you know it, Great Britain will go decimal and the metric system, sadly, will sweep the earth.

Buzz
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

Well, there is always Stoddard's Cutlery at the Chestnut Hill Mall in Newton. They have some Coates and Truefitt & Hill and Proraso. Also sell Merkur razors and blades. And some scents, too.

Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
drumana

Post by drumana »

Whoa! Time to convert all assets to precious metals, civilization as we have known it comes to an abrupt end. As long-time customers, my wife and I have been running a tab at Colonial for years, I hope this privilege is not lost, too.
Buzz,

I hope you don't loose that privilage - that's great. There really is no place quite like Colonial Drug. Very 'old school' indeed. It's like walking into a different dimension when I go there. :lol:
-Andrew-