I Gave Up Cologne's For Axe Body Spray? Ugh!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
HBK42581

I Gave Up Cologne's For Axe Body Spray? Ugh!

Post by HBK42581 »

I see all of you guys post your SOTD's and everyone is using colognes. I used to wear a cologne (albeit a cheap one) when I was in college but when I got out, something happened, I don't know what, and I decided that Axe Body Spray was a better idea. Well I say HOGWASH to that. I need to buy some cologne!!!!
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"

notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Hogwash doesn't smell as good as Axe.

But it's a close second. :lol:
alabamalawyer

Post by alabamalawyer »

I understand what you are going through. I had given up all bad colognes from the college days and was just using Old Spice body spray. Then I discovered the cologne section here. I now have a growing inventory of colognes -- and really don't see an end to this AD.
Chris
The Truthinator

Post by The Truthinator »

Go for Chanel Allure (pour homme). It has a great, long lasting scent that I can't describe very well (I admit it), but if you have a chance to smell this one in any perfumery near you, I think you will like it a lot.
HBK42581

Post by HBK42581 »

The Truthinator wrote:Go for Chanel Allure (pour homme). It has a great, long lasting scent that I can't describe very well (I admit it), but if you have a chance to smell this one in any perfumery near you, I think you will like it a lot.
Thanks Truth. Maybe I'll try to track it down this weekend. Of course, all final decisions will be made by the girlfriend because, of course, she's the one that has to be around me most. Haha.
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

notthesharpest wrote:Hogwash doesn't smell as good as Axe.

That might just be a debatable proposition, there.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Aren't all those so called body sprays just weak versions of nasty colognes in an aerosol can instead of a atomizer or splash bottle? All the marketing for them is young men who at the brink of just 1 squirt are attacked by hordes of young (ahem) lingerie models. Probably would have worked on me when I was fifteen. 8)
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Big Swifty wrote:AAll the marketing for them is young men who at the brink of just 1 squirt are attacked by hordes of young (ahem) lingerie models. Probably would have worked on me when I was fifteen. 8)
Not to boast, but I believe at 15 I was past the brink of one squirt.

Chris
Too much information?
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

You know what I meant Chris, One spray of the Axe body spray.
But I like your sense of humor. :lol:
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
drumana

Post by drumana »

Scott

Beware of the slippery slope you are about to tread upon. :lol:
-Andrew-
Occam

Post by Occam »

An ex-girlfriend once made me a cologne from Absolut Vodka and some essential oils. Lemon with a hint of bergamot. Very nice.
Naughtius Maximus

Post by Naughtius Maximus »

The Truthinator wrote:Go for Chanel Allure (pour homme). It has a great, long lasting scent that I can't describe very well (I admit it), but if you have a chance to smell this one in any perfumery near you, I think you will like it a lot.
I can second this. My wife bought me a bottle on our honeymoon cruise and it is great stuff.
73's, Eric

"I solder, therefore I burn myself." - Anon
The Truthinator

Post by The Truthinator »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:I can second this. My wife bought me a bottle on our honeymoon cruise and it is great stuff.
Welcome to the club, Naughtius Maximus. Glad you've seen the light.
John 5

Post by John 5 »

drmoss_ca wrote:
notthesharpest wrote:Hogwash doesn't smell as good as Axe.

That might just be a debatable proposition, there.

Chris
The sad thing is to consider how many men out there buy into the marketing and follow their Mach 7 and canned-gel shave with a liberal application of Axe body spray. So wrong on so many levels.

The comical part of it all is that it probably has the opposite effect of what they advertise on those commercials. I was out at BJ’s the other day and decided to take a sniff of the stuff. Hideous. My girlfriend and two female friends which were accompanying me, all in their twenties, all hated the smell. I forgot what variety it was, but it definitely was Axe body spray. Too funny.

John
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

I really like the original Lagerfeld. It is very different from the majority of stuff out there. If you're lucky you can find some of the original after shave balm.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

My 16 year old son uses AXE Body Spray. My wife and I make him apply it outside in the garage. That is some heavy stuff and this comes from someone who uses Old Spice, Aqua Velva and Pinaud Clubman regularly.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"