Your avatar/username - please explain

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
i_shaved_something

Your avatar/username - please explain

Post by i_shaved_something »

I was messing with my avatar tonight and lost my old one, so now sporting the new Bugs avatar I found somewhere that I like.
Wondering, what do you guys' avatars/usernames represent, if anything? I notice some of them are pretty interesting, but have no idea what the pic/name represents.
Explain yourself :lol:

For the record, I just liked the nice, laid-back picture of Bugs, no deep meaning or anything :D

I searched but didn't find a thread like this, so figured I'd ask....

Edit: added 'username' to the title and message body to add to the mix too for the heck of it.
As for my username, after I shaved for first time with a DE, my first impression was 'Wow, i actually 'shaved' something, vs. just dragging a cartridge over my face', so that's what I was thinking when I had to think of a name (like the avatar, nothing too profound :lol: )

Edit: retired Bugs for now and switched to a 2001 monolith, much more profound I guess. :)
Last edited by i_shaved_something on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rob
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I chose Bogart because I love his movies and fedoras.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Naughtius Maximus

Post by Naughtius Maximus »

I chose a pirate flag because I watched Pirates of the Caribean: At Worlds End and thought it would be fun.
73's, Eric

"I solder, therefore I burn myself." - Anon
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

I'm currently using Larry Storch because.... well...... c'mon, it's LARRY FREAKIN' STORCH!
~Greg
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

I have no idea why I thought photoshopping stubble onto an Easter Island head would be funny -- but I do. The original head is from "Red Meat," a weekly comic by Max Cannon.

--Glenn
TorzJohnson

Post by TorzJohnson »

Scrapyard Ape wrote:I'm currently using Larry Storch because.... well...... c'mon, it's LARRY FREAKIN' STORCH!
Well, he's no Larry Hovis but he's alright.

My avatar is actually me, Tor Johnson. After making The Beast of Yucca Flats, I became disgruntled with the movie industry - mainly because they wouldn't change the title to The Beazt of Yucca Flatz. I decided to fake my own death so I could get out of the business and not be pestered by the ubiquitous paparazzi.

Now I go by the nom de plume TorzJohnson so I can surf the net incognito.
Jim

DavidB

Post by DavidB »

My avatar is a Fender Jazz bass (cream colored with tortoise-shell pickguard) 'cause that's the bass I play! Well, except mine has a maple fingerboard, but other than that, it looks the same.

Dave
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

My avatar is a clip of Captain Klutz, a creation of Don Martin, Mad Magazine.... I found I had a lot in common with Captain Klutz and chose to follow in his footsteps.... note that the K in Kaptain is deliberate, in honor of Ringo Fonebone and his alter ego Captain Klutz.

Regards

Kaptain "And if you bought that line, I've got a bridge for sale" Zero
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.
styptic screams

Post by styptic screams »

nick: What was all-too-frequently heard reverberating off the bathroom tiles while teaching myself to shave as a youth...

sig quote: The first verse of my early attempt at songwriting in the 60's. (I am still seething over these guys...

...changing a few words of my song around and scoring huge with that blasted hippie anthem...!)
All the basin's red, with a crimson spray...
Got drunk and started shaving, on a winter's day.
I'd be safe and happy, if I had my way...
'Stead I'm styptic screaming, on such a winter's day.
~ California Screamin' :shock:
kd7kip

Post by kd7kip »

Can of "Finest Tripe - with Gravy" as it seems to convey the vein in which I write all my posts.

-Scott
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Avatar: John Thaw as Inspector Morse. Thaw is one of my most favourite actors who also hails from my wife's hometown of Manchester, England, which is also home to my beloved Red Devils of Man United.

Nickname: simply my initials (although not all of them - which would be JWNRW - but that's another story for another thread).

Signature: Anglophilia is one who has a preference for English culture over their own. My wife and children refer to it as my being a 'wannabe'. I find the history, culture and geography of England to be some of the most intriguing and interesting in the entire world.

There you have it - the Morse-anglophiliac world of Wendell :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

What do i have to explain huh....???
Peter
Cigar Dan

Post by Cigar Dan »

Name: My name is Danny and I enjoy cigars :)

Avatar: I consider Peter Faulk, as Columbo, to be a classic. I loved that character and the fact that he always had a cigar. I also like the irony that he always looked as though he needed a shave.
Danny
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Mine is from the old Monday Night ( Nitro ) WCW Wrestling and the picture is of Johnny Stecchino (Johnny Toothpick), a very, very funny mobster movie featuring Roberto Benigni (the guy in the avatar).
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
sebell

Post by sebell »

My name is my name/initials, and my picture
is a picture of myself. 'Nuff said.

- Scott
Bob

Post by Bob »

Mine reflects my personality.
--Bob--
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Rob,

Maybe this is the thread you were looking for...

Explain your SMF name *

I feel like a SMF archivist sometimes 'digging into the archives' as it were... :D

* = click on link provided
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
kd7kip

Post by kd7kip »

Bob wrote:Mine reflects my personality.
:D :D :D

That is funny...

-Scott
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...
Fox

Post by Fox »

Username - I needed 3 letters for an arcade game high-score, but my initials were already taken. I had been watching Futurama shortly before, so I went for Fox, as in 20th(30th)Fox TV. Yet another example of my thought processes :lol: :lol:
(At least, I think that's the reasoning... :roll: )

Avatar - I want a Bowler Wildcat......badly......

Sig - Well, it's true for most Land Rovers (well, for those that have a radio, it is...)
Chris
-----------------------------
Land Rovers - If I turn the radio right up, that rattle will go away.

My go-to Razor: Ally-Handle Gillette Rocket HD
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

nodaktim wrote:Rob,

Maybe this is the thread you were looking for...

Explain your SMF name *

I feel like a SMF archivist sometimes 'digging into the archives' as it were... :D

* = click on link provided
So you are called nodaktim because your name is Fester and you are from Upper Slobovia? :P
~Greg