UK get together

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
bjrn

UK get together

Post by bjrn » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:13 am

Ok, over at SRP we were talking about having a UK get together. And we thought it would be nice to invite you gents. There's a thread with some discussion about when and where to have it here.

Looks like it'll take place near the end of august/beginning of september. The Location will be at Castle Donnington (near the Midlands from what I understand.). But there are some alternatives possible as well (for isntance piggy-backing on a knife show).

There'll most likely be at least 1 honing workshop and we're trying to get some vendors/experts to participate as well. So far Rasurpur has shown interest and will most likely be represented.

Anyone interested?

lordjohn

Post by lordjohn » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:13 am

Thankyou for the invitation; certainly if nearer I would be interested but it's a long way from Peebles. Not sure how big the UK chapter is but there are at least a dozen regular contributors.

Anyway, thanks again.

John

bjrn

Post by bjrn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:10 am

Well, lets hope they make themselves known eventually ;)

StGeorge
I'm not worthy

Post by StGeorge » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:48 am

I'd definitely be interested, if only for the reason I want to see if i can shave with a straight as my initial trials have led me to believe I may not due to my beard/skin type. Having said that I've only tried one "shave ready" wapienica and would like to try something with a bit more heft. I can certainly contribute on the DE side though.
Tony

667....neighbour of the beast.

ghart

Post by ghart » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:55 am

I am a newbie here but not to straight razor shaving! I would be interested in a UK meet because I need to know more about honing etc. Please keep me informed.

bjrn

Post by bjrn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:17 am

A little update. It looks like the get together will be Saturday 20th September, at a community centre in Birmingham. It's being organised by Makar over at SRP, so if you have any questions and/or suggestions your best option is probably contacting him.