Your thoughts on pre-shave oil.

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
JackieMartling

Your thoughts on pre-shave oil.

Post by JackieMartling »

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about pre-shave oil. Is it necessary, helpful, just a luxury without practical application, or just plain not a good thing to use? Of course, the appropriateness or necessity of any shaving product depends laregly on one's skin type and particular shaving needs. I'm just interested in a range of opinions. Please speak yours freely.

For those of you who are RMWS adherents, how does oil effect the potential of cream to load and hold water once applied to the face?
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Jackie,

I would say that I don't really hold slathering oil on my face to be that great of an idea. but that is just me. I don't know how many RMWS people you will find here to be honest.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Jackie (GiacomoHoldini),

I posted on this subject on the Wetshavers forum back on 8 Jan 05. Just scroll back a few discussions. Lots of good viewpoints and experiences.

While you read the postings, keep in mind that I use "shave oil" not "pre-shave oil". There is a substantial difference.

The two products I mention are very inexpensive, $5-$6 a bottle which lasts for about 80 shaves or so.

Take a read and let us know what you think.

Good luck in your quest.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX