Another BIC-convert.

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 am

Bob, please accept my gratitude as well.
Second that

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum

Amphibious Tuna

Post by Amphibious Tuna » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Gentlemen, Thank you one and all for your gratitude. I do it because I love the Marines I work with, that has not changed in 23 year. I do appreciate your thanks. Semper Fi. Bob

Milton

Post by Milton » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:00 pm

I've always wanted to pick up some bic metals for travel. I've heard good things
Joel

Aztecface

Post by Aztecface » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

I recently purchased a pack of these and I did not think they were worth it. Not nearly as sharp as I had hoped.
Regards,
Jani

tone

Post by tone » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:16 pm

considering they are designed to be gentle and sensitive and that they cost 5p a razor you get what you buy really, not likely to be super sharp or aggressive

For what they are they are great as a learning tool or a travel razor.

Tone

disposable

Post by disposable » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:53 pm

I put away my DE a few months back and only use the BIC sensitives. They shave me really close and i can shave in a way now that not only costs me less but is easy on my face..and in 2 passes.

I figured out my problem with the BICs a few mosths ago. I wasn't drying them enough and they would dull too quickly. I can use one for a week now and stiil get a decent shave.
--Mat

petr

RE

Post by petr » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:56 am

YMMV for sure. I tried these and they were not very kind to my face.

I guess they might do if I were in a jam, but no way jose'.

javyn

Re: Another BIC-convert.

Post by javyn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:40 pm

Well Carl, why don't ya just keep that pretty Futur in the stand as a display, and keep the BICs hidden away in your toothpaste drawer? :)

Carl wrote:I´ve progressed a lot with my DE-shaving for a couple of years. DE:s are a lot better than any of the multi blade crap razors out there. However, I always had this nagging taught that the single bladed BIC-sensitives could give a great shave. So after overcoming the revolting feelig i had of leting anything made of plastic near my face i went ahead and tried one.
It almost hurts to say this, but the shave i got was better than any shave I´ve had before. The only negative thing i can say abouthe BIC(beside its awfull looks) is that it´s almost impossible to do the "Gillette slide" with them. However, they shave so well that i don´t find it necessary to do any diagonal strokes.
I no longer get any shave related irritations whatsovever in my face. But the BIC look so awful next to my Badger brush and my TOS-wooden bowl soap and my AOS-after shave balm.
A somwhat disturbing sitaition, bur I´ll have to get used to it.
John

scruffy

Post by scruffy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 am

I have been using one for touchups and quick ATG passes. The blade lasts quite a while. It is nice to be able to keep it in the bathroom without worrying about the humidity destroying it.
Ed