October 30, 2005 - Williams Day!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
YS

October 30, 2005 - Williams Day!

Post by YS »

I keep reading about how everyone in here uses Williams soap in their rotation. I was just thinking…

Is it possible let say -- Sunday October 30th to make it Williams’s day on SMF, a day when all members of SMF will use this soap exclusively for their shave. A show of comorodury, respects to this old favorite, and just plain cool fun to see everyone on this web site join as one. I was thinking about October 30th in order to give everyone to a chance to get bar / replenish the stock of Williams soap, and join the fun, at about $2.00 it not a big commitment -- should be affordable to all of us, even if you suffer from SCAD.

Comments? Is it possible to bring everyone in SMF together?

I’m in.

YS
Last edited by YS on Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

YS,

Sounds like fun. Maybe we could make it a different "brand name/scent" shave day once a month.

I'm in!

Patrick
stuff495

Post by stuff495 »

Wallmart has it the cheapest at 0.97.

I'm in.

--Vincent
medicineman

Post by medicineman »

Count me in to. Williams was the very first shave soap I tried and I do have a fondness for it.

Ken H.
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

I always have a stock of Williams....

I will shave on the 30th with it (probably a few times between now and then too... :lol: )

ShaveMy Face group Shave day!!!

Cool.

- Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
myuserid

Post by myuserid »

Neat Idea =)
Cheers-

Matt
aka... myuserid
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i can stop by wallyworld and get some. sure, count me in

sam
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

ys,

Your initial post today prompted me to do something I had never before done, shave with William's shaving soap. Some time ago I acquired a box of William's along with some other items in an eBay lot purchase so I thought I might give it a try today.

Much to my chagrin I recieved what can only be described as an A+ shave. I say chagrin because a dollar puck of soap just should not yield a shave, at least for me, on a par with any of the many creams in my inventory. I teamed it up with a Vulfix 41 and a Gillette Knack DE and received near flawless results.

Thanks for the prodding and count me in on the 30th but I'm sure that I won't wait that long to use it again.

John
Last edited by jvan on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Ahhh Williams...my introduction to traditional shaving. I still use it every now and then.

I will be in Denver on the 30th and I'm planning to take my QED shave stick with me (I find it works well for travel), but I'll be thinking about y'all. :)

--Mark
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

No way !!! I don't want to shave with this soap anymore
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

I'm in! I have a cake of Williams coming with a Gillette black handled Super Speed razor on eBay.

Good idea. In addition to a shared experience, we'll also get some really good product feedback, with everyone's experience fresh in their minds.

Dave
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

You can always use it as a bath soap, but I would suggest giving it one more try!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
YS

Post by YS »

Hi jvan,

I found it funny when you said “Much to my chagrin I received what can only be described as an A+ shave” the only soap that stopped my rotation was a Williams, I got such a great shave using it, I thought I was mistaken so I used it again the day after, much to my chagrin I got a great shave again… This is one of my favorite soaps and I got it for $1.59 CAN at Wal-Mart.

I wanted Thanks everyone that already chimed in, and if you are just lurking on this site, shy or just learning about your new addiction, don’t be shy Join in and say I’m in.

Thank you,

YS
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

rtaylor61 wrote:
You can always use it as a bath soap, but I would suggest giving it one more try!

Randy
I did yestersday, the result was nicks and cuts
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

YS wrote:I wanted Thanks everyone that already chimed in, and if you are just lurking on this site, shy or just learning about your new addiction, don’t be shy Join in and say I’m in.

Thank you,

YS
Hello, I'm a newbie here and wanted to just pop my head in and ask a question: is this Williams soap ok to use on sensitive skin? Also, I've seen it at my local Wal-Mart, Walgreen's, and grocery stores but never bothered to smell it, could someone describe the scent for me?
Thanks a lot. Looks like you have a great group of guys here.
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

the smell is fresh.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

rafikz wrote:
rtaylor61 wrote:

Randy
I did yestersday, the result was nicks and cuts
So you are saying you wouldn't sacrafice your neck with a severe case of road rash for the good of the group??!

COUNT ME IN!!

Now I gotta go buy some. Maybe I should buy stock on on the 29th and sell it on the 31st.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

Okay, okay...I'll make a sacrifice. Maybe I'll use some olive oil with it.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

rafikz wrote:Okay, okay...I'll make a sacrifice. Maybe I'll use some olive oil with it.
That's the spirit!!
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Okay, okay...I'll make a sacrifice. Maybe I'll use some olive oil with it.
You can also add a small dollop of another shaving cream, or a few drops of hair conditioner. Also, don't know what you were working the soap in, but make sure the container is not so deep that you can't really work the soap. For grins and giggles, try lathering it up in a cerial bowl. It is such a bargain, a practice lather or two can't hurt!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books