Found a store in Houston

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
mattbramanti

Found a store in Houston

Post by mattbramanti »

After searching around on the Internet, I found a store in Houston with a good selection of shaving stuff. It's called The British Isles, 2366 Rice Boulevard.

It's sort of a British variety store -- lots of teas, china, food items, knick-knacks and a decent selection of soaps, cremes and aftershaves from Taylor, Truefitt and Trumpers.

I picked up my first badger brush -- a pure badger from Crabtree and Evelyn for $35. I also got a tub of TOBS cream for $20.

They had the following TOBS creams in stock: Mr. Taylors, Gentlemen's, Luxury and Rose. I spoke to the manager who's putting in an order for some Sandalwood and Avocado. Apparently the Avocado flies out the door as fast as he can get it in. The shipment should arrive within 3 weeks.

I'll definitely be back there!
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Yes, it's a pretty good store, though crummy to order from online since they charge an arm and a leg for shipping. A few of their prices are on the high side, but all in all, a good store, especially if you live in the city and can walk in.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
mattbramanti

Post by mattbramanti »

TBoner, where do you go in Dallas? I'm up there a few times a year, so it'd be nice to know of another store.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Nowhere, unfortunately. There's a C&E store and some Indian markets that sell Palmolive creams. That's about it. I buy pretty much everything online.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
D.Irving79
The Great Lord Protector of the SE!

Post by D.Irving79 »

im jealous. thats one hell of a find 8)
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

Is that near Dromgoole's?
If so I could (conceivably) tend to two AD's in one trip when/if I get to Houston again.
-Ed
mattbramanti

Post by mattbramanti »

Yeah, it's only about a block from Dromgoole's.
“If you teach a poor young man to shave himself, and keep his razor in order, you may contribute more to the happiness of his life than in giving him a thousand guineas.” --Benjamin Franklin
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yes, plenty of posts on it here, going back several years. Great shop, good people. I've ordered both toiletries as well as tea and food stuffs from them on several occasions. Sure wish that the 'British stores' here were more like that one.
Regards,
Gordon
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

mattbramanti wrote:Yeah, it's only about a block from Dromgoole's.
Thanks, mattbramanti.
-Ed
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yeah, I've been there a few times when traveling through Houston. Mostly bought tea and foodstuffs. The online vendors do so well for shaving goods I no longer make a special stop for those.
Regards,
Squire