I got my girlfriend to start using DE's!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Neil

I got my girlfriend to start using DE's!

Post by Neil »

Well, my girlfriend is obsessive about having smooth legs, but she has terribly sensitive skin. She often gets itchy legs after shaving and is very picky about what products she uses because of fragances irritating her skin.

Well, we were at a hotel when out of town for a few days, and she lost her cartridge razors. I got her to try my DE, she had great results. She said her legs had never been so smooth and had never stayed smooth that long. That intrigued her a little bit, and she noticed one of my brushes, and some of my soaps. After I showed her the benefits of natural vegetable oil soaps and a nice brush, she was super happy with the results. She ended up getting some Kiss My Face moisture shave which I recommended. I ended up having to buy a second HD, because she kept using mine so much! I didn't mind it though, it was just a good excuse to get the GOLD HD I've been wanting!

Anybody else successfully convert there wifes/girlfriends to DE's?
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Sounds like a win-win to me! Congratulations for bringing another one into the fold.
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Neil, ( chuckle )....No. As I remember, my mother couldn't wait to get away from her three piece Gillette ( although blades weren't as good/smooth in those days ), and move on to an electric Lady Schick that my dad bought her. And my wife has no interest, although she does use the single bladed Bics that we often recommend as a 'training razor' to newbies. And since we use high quality bath soaps, that's good enough for her apparently. She did, however, initially learn to shave her legs with a Gillette Superspeed as a girl, she told me. BTW, don't suggest a cutthroat razor. A friend of mine told me a grisly story of trying to shave her legs with her grandfather's straight, lol.
Regards,
Gordon
UsherLincoln

Post by UsherLincoln »

bernards66 wrote:A friend of mine told me a grisly story of trying to shave her legs with her grandfather's straight, lol.
Regards,
Gordon
Simply thinking about that makes me cringe. I can't imagine shaving the length of your legs with a straight...
-Lincoln

"Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee..."
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

My wife prefers an epilator to a razors. They work really well for her, but you wouldn't catch me using one on my face...... yow! :shock:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
D.Irving79
The Great Lord Protector of the SE!

Post by D.Irving79 »

im working on it. at this rate, ill have an AARP card by the time she decides to take the plunge.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Straight razors on legs? It takes me 30 minutes to shave my face, I can't imagine two entire legs.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

No razors here, but I have convinced a few women to switch to brush and soap.....once they have that down they usually bid me farewell :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

one last strange factoid.......all of them gravitated to the dandy and rake lavender....must be a chick soap :P

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
razorburned

Post by razorburned »

jww wrote:My wife prefers an epilator to a razors. They work really well for her, but you wouldn't catch me using one on my face...... yow! :shock:
My wife bought one of those....and cried for a week trying to use it....then gave up.....those things are torture devices!
razorburned

Post by razorburned »

I have tried to get my wife to try a DE....both me and her brother use one.....she is scared of them.....seems to think they are dangerous
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

My wife is unimpressed by the extra blades and neon plastics, and I work on her occasionally from the conservation and style angle. I may well be on the D.Irving schedule in terms of completing the persuasion though.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
xChris

Post by xChris »

Yes. My wife is a regular DE user. She has a Savile Row SR-212 (30mm, Super), a Gillette Blue Star long-handled razor, and a Wilkinson Classic DE razor (plastic w/metal insert).

I've shaved her legs with a straight myself, but she is not interested in using one herself. Over at SRP, there are several women forum members using straight for their grooming; they even have a specific forum for them.
Last edited by xChris on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris
razorburned

Re: I got my girlfriend to start using DE's!

Post by razorburned »

Neil wrote:Well, we were at a hotel when out of town for a few days, and she lost her cartridge razors.
I would have been required to find a store and buy a new cartridge razor...swMBO and all
spinyeel

Post by spinyeel »

My wife loves her Gillette Blue Star.It took her a while to take the plunge,but the multi blades are now a thing of the past. :D
Neil

Re: I got my girlfriend to start using DE's!

Post by Neil »

razorburned wrote:
Neil wrote:Well, we were at a hotel when out of town for a few days, and she lost her cartridge razors.
I would have been required to find a store and buy a new cartridge razor...swMBO and all
Haha, we were both broke (the only reason we were at a hotel was because we went to Austin to seek shelter from Ike), and I finally convinced her that they were too expensive.
razorburned

Post by razorburned »

Nicely plaid Neil......
Rodd

Post by Rodd »

Similar story here, she now has a couple lady stars, a nice silvertip, and swears by the KMF.