What do you wear when you shave?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.

What do you wear when shaving?

Towel around waist
30%
Robe
2%
Pants, no shirt
19%
Fully dressed
1%
Nothing at all
33%
Other
15%

Total votes: 104

Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

brothers wrote:T-shirt and boxers most times (98%) when I'm preparing to go to work. Of course, some days I don't get around to shaving until we've gone to a half dozen shopping destinations, grabbed a brunch or I've finished mowing the yard or whatever. On those occasions, of course my shave is fully clothed.
Gary,

After mowing the lawn in South Mississippi you will look as if you just stepped out of a shower fully clothed. May as well get naked, take a shower, wrap a towell around your waist and of course...

Enjoy your shave... :D
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
brothers

Post by brothers »

Right, I'll try to avoid mowing. SWMBO has been very polite and good-natured, but if it doesn't get mowed tomorrow when she works and I'm off, then I'll wish that I had mowed it, when she gets home. I think I'll mow early, then have a nice shower and a shave afterward.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic & badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

more than what i wear i've benefited from a pair of rx glasses i made that have the perfect focal length for shaving in the mirror. :wink:
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Usually about 8:00 PM I take my six year old twins up to get them ready for bed. I have them brush their teeth and then put them in the shower. While they're getting clean I shave in a pair of khaki shorts and no shirt.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

In my nature suit -- the only way to shave. I think of it as open source shaving, ya know?? :wink:

Go naked, and be free, gentlemen! \:D/
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

I was fully clothed this afternoon at 1:30 when I shaved. Shaving isn't usually the starting point of my weekend days. I enjoy saving it until I'm either ready to journey forth on my non-employment related ventures, or until after I've finished them, and have some leisure time to enjoy my shave.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic & badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Seems like "au naturale" shaving is somehow out-of-sequence in my own personal world of daily rituals. Don't get me wrong here, but being without clothing isn't something I generally associate with shaving, but to each his/her own. :lol:
Last edited by brothers on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Seriously then, for me it's boxers. Most days it's Jockey, but there's Penney's, Hilfingers and Nauticas too. Used to wear briefs but gave them up when my belly got so big I coudn't get any support from those that would fit around it.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
D.Irving79
The Great Lord Protector of the SE!

Post by D.Irving79 »

fully dressed w/ a barber towel clothespinned around my neck . after the a/s goes on i throw on my collar and tie and im good to go.