And it all came crashing down...

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
mattbramanti

And it all came crashing down...

Post by mattbramanti »

I woke up with a start last night to a loud crash emanating from my bathroom. I went in there, turned the light on and found...

...that my shave cabinet had fallen off the wall and on to the top of my toilet. At first I thought the screws must have pulled out of the Sheetrock. Nope. Those were anchored as well as ever. The cabinet just fell apart under the apparently-unreasonable weight of what's normally found in a bathroom cabinet.

Casualties included:

One full bottle of rose water
One-half night's sleep
One not-built-as-well-as-I-thought cabinet

Oh, and I learned that the "shatterproof" Aqua Velva bottle is completely unnecessary. My glass bottle took quite a tumble onto the tiled floor and was intact. The only damage was to the plastic cap, which funny enough, shattered.
“If you teach a poor young man to shave himself, and keep his razor in order, you may contribute more to the happiness of his life than in giving him a thousand guineas.” --Benjamin Franklin
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Well, matt, it could have been worse; the Aqua Velva could have fallen in the toilet...... :D
Regards,
David
adrian

Post by adrian »

You seem to be a lucky guy: a lot of shaving gear!
What about elephants?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

bathroom cabinet makers should me required by law to verify their product as "Shave Safe" :lol:
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

And look on the bright side. Now you can get a bigger, stronger, cabinet, and a lot of new stuff to fill it with.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Lou

Post by Lou »

Sorry to hear it. They don't make 'em like they used to, do they? But, as brothers says, now you can upgrade.
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I was working graveyard shift for a small company that created a secuity programme that wasn't. Without warning the huge vanity mirror in the lady's room came crashing down.
I was chewed out come morning for my crew 'screwing around' and demoted. The supervisor was the hatchetman who laid people off when Max Factor relocated.
That afternoon he was in the men's room when CRASH! that vanity mirror gave way.
I'm amazed at how much my small assembly has grown. I need to get with those amish carpenters on T.V. and produce custom shaving cabinets :idea:
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Just goes to show Matt, plastic is not to be trusted.
Regards,
Squire
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Gary's right! Make sure that the next one is a lot bigger!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed