Gramps

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Trumperman wrote:...

I have been away for a few days and am only catching up now -- how sad it is to hear of Gramps' passing. Sympathies and condolences to you, Krista-Mae, and your family.

It's a blessing of the internet for us to have been able to have corresponded with him over the years.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Sad news. Gramps was a friend to many here and he will be missed. My condolences to his family.
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Krista-Mae,

I'm so sorry to hear about Gramps. You and your family have my deepest sympathies and encouragement to carry on. I'm sure he has left you with many, many good memories and a strong foundation for the future.

Dave
druphus

Post by druphus »

All the best to Gramp's family. He is missed.
Regards,
Andy
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

I'm very sad to hear this news, and very happy to have been able to share this forum with him.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
mike

Post by mike »

My condolences for your loss. I was an early member of SMF, so I got to read Larry's posts first hand. I shared his love of Old Spice. I will remember him fondly whenever I enjoy an Old Spice shave.
Mike

~ Beati Pacifici~
cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

I found myself wondering about his absence and actually looked at his posting history. I'm sorry to hear he is gone.
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Krista-Mae, my most sincere condolences to you and your family. Thank you for so kindly remembering us and letting us know about Gramps' passing. I wish you and your family peace and many uplifting memories.

- Murray
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

Gramps was very kind to me, when I joined SMF and immediately began offering advice to everybody; I don't recall giving Gordon any advice, thank goodness, but everyone else was subject to some seriously ignorant nonsense. Several experienced shavers were a bit irked, but Gramps seemed to get a kick out of my goofy enthusiasm. I received several good-natured PMs from him, and so my first shave cream acquisition was a pot of Mr. Taylor's - Gramps had mentioned it was his current favorite, so that's what I needed to have.

--Glenn
kd7kip

Post by kd7kip »

Very sad news indeed...

When I first joined SMF in 2006, I was natuarlly drawn to Larry's posts since (as Ren mentioned) he looked so much like Wilfred Brimley-- and actor of whom I am very fond. Larry's kindness, character and sense of humour were evident in every post.

Requiem æternam dona ei Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen...

-Scott
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I, too just read this...I am so sorry to hear of Gramps' passing. He was a true gentleman. I will miss him greatly.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

So very sorry for your loss, Krista-Mae. Your father will always be well remembered, well rspected, and well loved.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

It appears I have come to this sad news very late, however I would count myself lucky if in my final days or hours I show even half the courage and honor "Gramps" showed here during his own. There is one less true gentleman, indeed true man, amongst us. Your father, at least here, is and always will be the original Canadian badass.
Prayers and Godspeed.

John P.
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

I, too, am returning to SMF after an absence, only to see this sad news. But what a testament to Gramps is this show of fond regard and firm respect! His family will take comfort in this evidence of the connections that he made with so many here.

- Will
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Very sad news. We'll all miss a fine guy. "One of a kind" is one of those sayings that's bandied around, as is "We'll not see his like again." In Larry's case, both are no more than the plain old honest Canadian badass truth.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

I remember Gramps well, when I first joined here. He was indeed a fine gentleman, with a great knowledge of wetshaving. My belated and heartfelt and sincere condolences to his family. May God keep him forever under His shelter.
JEFF