Liesureguy check your pulse!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Liesureguy check your pulse!

Post by KAV »

I was informed I could order a modest book on EBAY for finding another rarity for a friend.
O.K. I've wanted Michael's opus and logged on. A vendor in Australia wants close to $40 and has 10 new copies. O.K. no 'carrying coals to Newcastle.'
There were 3 listings for used copies. One, declaring it a rare first edition in 'fair,readable condition with blood stains'- :lol: - probably trumper's rose creme , wanted $50 buy it now.
We just had a fascinating exchange. The seller informed me the author is 'passed on' and copies are being snapped up at twice her asking price!
I sent a link with our forum exchange and explained I could still get a copy less dear and even signed someday!
The listing was just deleted.
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

I was one of the fortunate ones to get a signed copy from Jim @ Vintage Blades. Amusing how some try to make a buck.

Great book...BTW.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

KAV, You're already a member here which is the source for all the information in that book. If it's become too dear in price you could always just peruse the archives for free!

Chris
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

I sometimes see amazing prices asked for older editions of the book. I don't get it, frankly: the newer the edition, the more information the book contains. And it's a utilitarian book, not something to treasure for the grandkids.

A modest demurral from Chris's statement: not all information in the book is from SMF. I contributed some from my own experience, for example.
Short Round

Post by Short Round »

Damn, and I thought my signed copy just went up in value!

Just kidding Mr. Ham, stick around and keep sharing!
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Just a possible tip" Try abesbooks.com or alibris.com to find a cheap used book. They have links to used book sellers all around the country. Also, I think I have used a site called booksamillion.com
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

Great book. I always recommend it to DE newbies.