What's the best way to get rid of ear hair?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Araner

Post by Araner »

A small battery operated bikini line trimmer works best.

Araner
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'd use a bic lighter. No kidding, just pass it over the hair on the earlobes and it's disintegrated. No biggie.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

brothers wrote:I'd use a bic lighter. No kidding, just pass it over the hair on the earlobes and it's disintegrated. No biggie.
Are you really Gary Busey?

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
brothers

Post by brothers »

No, does he burn hair off his ears too? Believe it or not, I got this bit of advice from eavesdropping on a conversation between my wife, daugher, and daughter-in-law. Apparently this is a widespread practice among the fair sex. Beats me! I thought I had to have a bathroom full of razors and blades and creams and fun stuff like that. Naaah, just burn it off!!! :shock: :shock:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Didn't know that Chris but will pass it off as my own knowledge and find a way to bring it up to my breakfast group on Friday. Most of the guys are docs and would like to see their facial expressions while they try to figure it out.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

marsos52 wrote:a barber??? whats a barber??

guys still go to barbers??

i dont think there are any barbers in my neck of the woods

except for the kids that get there hair cut with fades and artwork

marc
Marc, sorry to break the news, but I still have hair and a job so yes, I confess I've been going to barbers for my whole life. It's commonplace, don't you think? Unless, of course, you were kidding. But I think even the young guys get haircuts, at least around these parts.
Gary

stagger

Post by stagger »

My wife plucks my ear hair with tweezers (I love it). She also trims my eyebrows with scissors. I take care of my nose hairs with a pair of fingernail clippers that have an angled head.
Regards,
Mark -
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

What is this ear hair you people speak of?...

:lol:

Now that I'm old I could make a wig from mine, so I use an electric trimmer...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
Short Round

Post by Short Round »

another tweezer.

I should lap my tweezers or switch to forceps for a better grip.
Tom
Julius_Rodman

Re: What's the best way to get rid of ear hair?

Post by Julius_Rodman »

Dexter99 wrote:So, I know most men get ear hair, but I seem to be getting a think coarse hair on my earlobes.
I usually use an electric razor to get rid of it (don't trust myself with a DE blade for this), but it grows back superfast, and I hate looking like a wolfman. :twisted:

I'm only 35, so I'm a little surprised I have this already...

I've also tried Nair, but that's not too effective, it stinks, and last time I got a minor chemical burn. :cry:
I'm leaning towards bleaching it, but was wondering if there are other options I'm missing.

Any suggestions?

Shave or cut the hairs on the lobes.

For those inside and on stronger surfaces, PULL !!!!

-----------------

Kent
JimDandy

Post by JimDandy »

Of course, Vincent Van Gogh had the ultimate solution...
Perhaps one day we'll look back on this moment and crash into a parked car.
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I use a round tweezer that cuts the hair from Tweezerman. It works very well and since it's round there is no danger in cutting or nicking oneself.

I just can't seem to find it online any more :roll:
Eric