Oy Vey

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

Blue As A Jewel wrote:My father, the psychiatrist, would have had something to say about the person owning this... probably similar to what he said to me when I was 16 and wanted to get a motorcycle...
Hunh? Always wear a helmet when you shave?

Buzz
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

i_shaved_something wrote:Hey, free shipping in the US!
Well, there's THAT....
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Michael, Well, there's a little about the "thought processes" ( such as they are ) in my post above. "It's the MOST EXPENSIVE....so it must be the best....and I'm a big deal and I CAN AFFORD it ( which most of you peasants can not )...watch me buy it!....I get a rush out of spending money....doesn't matter on what, really....validates how important I am...", something like that.
Regards,
Gordon
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I've looked over the latest Rolls Royce. When I win the lottery my tastes and values will be expressed differently.
Mint

Post by Mint »

I worked with a guy who went to the store and bought the most expensive work gloves he could find.

They were these neat little camoflauge gloves. They cost him $45.

They didn't last nearly as long as our $1 for a pack of 5 pairs gloves we bought at the corner store.

Some people :roll:
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

M6Classic wrote:
Blue As A Jewel wrote:My father, the psychiatrist, would have had something to say about the person owning this... probably similar to what he said to me when I was 16 and wanted to get a motorcycle...
Hunh? Always wear a helmet when you shave?

Buzz
No, he told me it was a penis thing... I bought a Volkswagen Rabbit...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
paddy

Post by paddy »

this is my car. what does this say about me?

Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

paddy wrote:
this is my car. what does this say about me?

Very cool...just remember, to avoid tipping over, slow down before taking corners....oh yeah, I just remembered it doesn't go that fast anyway. Carry on!

Tom
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

It's ancestor the MORGAN could literally be pushed back from tipping with a heavy leather gauntlet glove.
JimDandy

Post by JimDandy »

Blue As A Jewel wrote:
Hmmm... a penis thing eh, Ravi? And you bought a Rabbit. I wonder what Freud would have said... :lol:
Perhaps one day we'll look back on this moment and crash into a parked car.
KAV

Post by KAV »

'Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.'
Odio Barbillas
Location: Via Lactea, Orbis Terra (Sol III), Province of Nova Caesarea

Re: Oy Vey

Post by Odio Barbillas »

M6Classic wrote:http://www.twinluxe.com/shop/shave/inst ... /index.php

Anybody else seen this? I don't want to hear any more kvetching and carping about the price of big Plissons.

Buzz
Neither will you hear much kvelling, Brother!

Whiskey! Tango! Foxtrot? :shock:
Michael G.
NON IMPEDITI RATIONE COGITATIONIS
JohnnyO_Jr

Post by JohnnyO_Jr »

Has anyone purchased one of these TwinLuxe shave sets yet? I'm looking for a new 5 blade Fusion shaving set.
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

In vein of this thread, I don't get the C&S 88 Carbon Fibre travel set here, 695 pounds, or...495 pounds for just the case? So case is 495 pounds, all the shaving gear is 200 pounds? This makes the black aluminum stand look economical..not that I'll be ordering either. What's up with this case? What is carbon fibre? Why's this so expensive? If I smack the case on my face will I get a better shave? :lol:

http://www.czechandspeake.com/products. ... 0&deptid=1
Rob
JohnnyO_Jr

Post by JohnnyO_Jr »

SteveK wrote:Soon to be featured in the "Robb Report," no doubt. Their reader is the target audience, I suspect.

Steve
SteveK's vision is correct . TwinLuxe featured in RobbReport.com today. http://robbreport.com/Fashion/TwinLuxes ... ing-Habits
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

Looks cheap and plastic to me. I mean my Progress knob is also plastic but looks more classy. It maybe a YMMVY thing :wink:
Jarmo
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Johnny, Well, there you go....and who actually reads the Robb Report and takes it seriously? ( hint: see my two posts above ).
Regards.
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

When I was 20 I went to the bank and told my banker I needed a loan so I could trade my chevy for a corvette. He politely told me no, you don't need a corvette. I said, you're right, thanks, and that was that.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444