Should we be head shaving too????

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
fisherc

Should we be head shaving too????

Post by fisherc »

razorburned

Post by razorburned »

Yes
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

No
Regards,
Jani
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

if i had hair i wouldnt dream of shaving it off
de gustibus non est disputandum
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

I have hair and wouldn't dream of shaving it... I mean, what would my wife run her fingers through?
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

I have hair, just not a ton of it, and shave it off...

...but I wouldn't use a DE. I'm getting ready to transition from Sensor (two blade) to Bic.
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
changabang

Post by changabang »

Not a chance in hades. Basic training in the '60's army was bad enough. :cry:
James Nicks
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

I have hair, thinning a little, but I shave it off. I'm pretty sure, though, that nobody takes me for a younger man :lol:

My kids look at photos of me with hair now and tell me I look funny. They have short memories as the photos in question can be from a matter of months ago.

(I use a <gasp> Fusion on my head, and it works nicely. My head shaving is much more sloppy and perfunctory than my face shaving (Progress or W&B chopper), for reasons such as my head being a uniform shape supported by bone and my hair being less tough than my beard and the grain on my head being a non factor).
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Ah yes, the WSJ. The voice of american capitalism and all that is good with our economy.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

If I lose much more on top, I'm getting a Head Blade and running it across the scalp where hair once grew.
fishgutmartyr

Post by fishgutmartyr »

I shave. I have the classic "crown of laurel" hairline at this point, so I'm not missing much by shaving.

I use my DE to shave--can't really report any problems doing it that way, other than I cut myself once when I first started out using DE razors. Otherwise, I don't see any appreciable problems with them.
John.

I'll think of something clever eventually.
razorburned

Post by razorburned »

My previous answer was kind of tongue-n-cheek. Being that I am almost sporting the Homer Simpson, I shave my head in the spring through early fall. As this is the case, I am glad that shaved bald is becoming acceptable again and even popular for caucasians (it has always looked good on, and been acceptable on black men as far as I know).

If you feel like shaving your head, or just want to try it, go for it! If you are not forced by nature to be bald, it will grow back.

Now, if nature had not selected me to be follicle-ly challenged, I would be as I was at 21....with hair down to mid chest......but with a clean shave as opposed to unshaven back then.

Oh, and btw, I shave my head with a Ranger Tech.... only shaves I have ever had that are truly BBS (and I mean NO stubble for about 4 hours...like glass) is on my head with the RT.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic
stagger

Post by stagger »

I have a full head of hair and keep my head shaved slick. No sense hiding a good lookin head behind a bunch of hair. :)
Regards,
Mark -
MARKHOLLADAY

Post by MARKHOLLADAY »

Head shaver here also, I just use my DE and try not to cut myself in the back !!!!
Vern

Post by Vern »

Been headshaving for about 7 months. Love the look. Could not do it with a straight like I do my face, but only takes abot 3 minutes with my Future.

Vern
Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
paddy

Post by paddy »

i have been clipping my hair real short all over for nearly 10 years. not stubble short; just a real short buzzcut.

i did it because i started to thin out on top in my 20s and it was the only real option. if i wasn't going thin on top i would definitely grow it as i think i looked better with hair on top.

i sort of feel a bit cheated about going bald in my 20s. in your late 30s / early 40s, then fair enough. that's expected. but your 20s?!! that's a bum deal right there.
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Please remember the name of this forum.

Chris
A response given in the past only to ladies with certain other interests as specified down below:

You know what I mean!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair.

I went through chemo treatment last year and lost all the hair on my head and face, but nowhere else. I kind of liked being bald, as it sure made things easier and quicker in the morning. As well, my step-son said it made me look intimidating. Since my hair has grown back I haven't taken to shaving my head, but I do keep my hair very short now as a compromise between shaving and not shaving my head. BTW, I do shave my face every day now, as I like the feel and look of BBS.