Another Good Shaving Forum.......

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
kenstee

Another Good Shaving Forum.......

Post by kenstee »

http://pogonotomy.proboards.com/index.cgi

Created to be the antidote to the Badger & Blade insanity and nonsense.

Nice respectful people over there. And no unnecessary censorship. Worth joining......
cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

In spite of myself I am always surprised to learn 1) That there are more than two shaving forums and 2) that anyone is a member of more than one shaving forum.
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

In my experience forums created specifically as reaction to another fail. It's going on a date and listening for 4 hours about her ex boyfriend or husband.
I like it here. :wink:
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Well, when you have been banned from every other forum on the topic, what's a guy to do? Obviously, you set up your own, but then you suddenly find yourself doing things like this thread. How quickly the ideals are tarnished by reality.

So sad.

And kenstee, you omitted to mention that you are a moderator there. Perhaps you should have listened to your master's voice when he said "Shave my Face. Just like B&B but 95% quieter. There is no reason to visit here."

Chris
Last edited by drmoss_ca on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

I like it here. I am quite unsociable and I appreciate that mods here are nice and tolerant. And members are most knowledgeable too.

So in SMF I can sometimes post my replies to threads and learn new/old things what fellow shavers share.

B&B is, was too much vendor related forum. With too many strict mods, was like they gave the mod rights to some people who enjoy it too much :roll:
Jarmo
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

While I read the others from time to time, the pace, members and overall scope of our conversation and decorum suit my needs fine.

Please, let's keep a good thing going!
Good shaving,

Gary
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

i'm happy here,, don't need or want another forum

i dont even lurk to other shave forums

marc
95%

Post by 95% »

I don't lurk in those other forums either. When I first became interested in the hobby about two years ago, I did join B&B and posted a couple of times. But then I found out about SMF and began reading posts from nice indulgent fellows named Gordon, Squire, Chris, etc., and I realized this was a safe place to be. People actually observe polite manners here, as they do in real space but seldom in internet forums. I wish that new forum luck but doubt I'll be a part of it.
Porter
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Can't remember the last time I visited another forum of which I am a member. I like it here. I'm sure there are good members in all of the forums and I know there are many here who are members of the various forums, myself included. But you have the tendency to go where you feel welcome and comfortable, your opinion counts and is not subjected to derision, and you are not overwhelmed with advertisements for products.

I have friends here who really care about me and I just like this site.

I'm here to stay.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I like the tight-knit community atmosphere around here, though you can find gentlemen wherever you roam. This is where things began for me, and the familiarity is much appreciated these days.
Ron
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Well, this was my first shaving forum and my original thought was that one forum was plenty. There is still something to be said for that thought. Then I would get a friend that I could stay in touch with by joining another forum, then I found forums in Spain and Portugal where I could develop my shaving knowledge in those languages, etc. Sometimes I feel like I have spread myself out a bit thin. I haven't ever joined a new forum, however, without a fairly compelling reason to do so.

- Murray
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, Well, it is our ( the mods. & admins. ) intention to do just that...keep SMF going....to the best of our ability. It was gratifying to read the above posts from various members who seem to be happy here and to have found a place in our community. Glad to have you all here.
Regards,
Gordon
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

yes, this site is very homey in feeling. i don't understand how these other forums get into such heated arguments over shaving. smf is a pleasant past time not a necessity of life that demands involvement to the point of immaturity
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I know I have pushed the envelope on some posts. But at days end, who cares if a giant meteor is hurling toward earth: I just found a new aftershave.
merkri

Post by merkri »

KAV wrote:I know I have pushed the envelope on some posts. But at days end, who cares if a giant meteor is hurling toward earth: I just found a new aftershave.
:lol:

Classic.
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

I registered at this new site. Just to see what is happening over there. Posted one SOD post and that is all for now.

But I do like SMF very much and have learned a great deal here and also at TSD. I frequent both sites on a regular basis. Some duplication of topics as one might expect but I have found valuable info on both.

Also frequent the SE forum TOS of which I am a Mod. Since this site is a specialized shaving forum I find it interesting when guys come over for SE specific questions.

Finally, when I did get back to traditional wet shaving I found B&B almost immediately followed by SMF. Found B&B to be a bunch of egotistical goofs who have to have it their way and their way only. Don't go there much anymore, maybe once a month. Just get too much good info and conversation at the three sites mentioned above.

Thanks Admins for making SMF such a special website.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

Hiya,

For the last six weeks or so I've been spending some time over at www.theshavingroom.co.uk and it's been a pleasant experience. Seems like a good group that mixes humor and info with their posts.

I believe The Shaving Room was started by some former members of another forum who didn't care for that forum's act. Based in the UK, it reminds me of a watch forum I usta hang out in years ago.

Might be worth a look and spending a little time getting the feel of the place.

Martin
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Internet serious business.
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

KAV wrote:In my experience forums created specifically as reaction to another fail. It's going on a date and listening for 4 hours about her ex boyfriend or husband.
I like it here. :wink:
That is an excellent analogy. 8)
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

KAV wrote:In my experience forums created specifically as reaction to another fail.
Chuckle. Read the history of how B&B was started, the only reason Joel didn't fail back then was that he had a great deal of his parents money to throw at the problem, paying for vBulletin and advertising the site on google.
Richard