Pro Glide blades

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
jbc

Pro Glide blades

Post by jbc »

Why are Pro Glide blades a better idea then the older vastly over priced Fusion cartridges?
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

[MarketingSpeak]

The Gillette® Fusion® ProGlide™ Power Razor is Gillette’s most advanced blade ever. Thinner, finer blades* with a low-resistance coating glide effortlessly through hair for less tug and pull**, providing incredible comfort, even if you shave every day.

Try Gillette Fusion ProGlide today; after one shave, you’ll stop shaving and start gliding.

Interested in the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor? Click to learn more.

Check out what real guys are saying about the Fusion ProGlide™ Challenge™

* First Four Blades vs. Fusion
** vs. Fusion

[/MarketingSpeak]

Still vastly over-priced. Still more tug and pull than a single-bladed solution.
Jason

Post by Flash G »

Funny, I was also thinking about the ProGlide marketing speak as I read this ProGlide ad:
You´ll experience less tug and pull* with the New Gillette Fusion ProGlide. It´s engineered with thinner, finer blades** for an effortless glide. So it gives you Gillette´s most comfortable shave ever, even if you shave every day.

* vs. Fusion
** Principal blades vs. Fusion

What puzzled me was the last sentence:
So it gives you Gillette´s most comfortable shave ever, even if you shave every day.

I guess they are admitting more blades cause irritation :lol:
Eric
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

I believe its because the aloe vera strip glides better than the top strip just being vitamin E..something very similar would the Gillette Guard from India..very cheap and word is "very cool to use"
jbc

Post by jbc »

There is absolutely nothing new about thinner blades, I believe that Gillette used to make a thin blade many years ago but canned that idea. I was told that thinner was better only for those that are lucky enough like me to have a light beard. If you have a heavy one then the thin blades are msot likely exactly what you don't want.
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Gillette marketing.......shameless

Regards,
Alan