Skin food follows Alum block?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
ngman

Skin food follows Alum block?

Post by ngman »

Just started using a Trumper's Alum Block today. Felt great, mild stinging, left no residue, had no irritation, but who knows it that was more technique related (using Feather in a Merkur). Now, for someone who is used to Alum Bloc, do you apply Skin Food after the Alum Block? Thanks.
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

hi

i dont and never have used alum block,, but i do know skin food or any other after shave product is always the last thing you do..

marc
JPDyson

Post by JPDyson »

The order I believe would be after your shave, rinse, alum, rinse*, after-shave(s)**

*Some people don't rinse after alum; I do.
**Some people do a combo of splash/balm; you would do splash first, then balm. Thinnest stuff first.
--Josh
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I have posted my ritual before somewhere, but couldn't find it.

I am one of the members of this forum who uses both skin food and alum. Skin food works for me as both a pre and post shave product. I massage it into my face prior to a shave while I prepare. After my final pass and warm rinse, I apply alum and let it sit on my face for a minute or two while I start my cleanup. Then I do a final cold rinse, apply witch hazel, The Body Shop Razor Relief letting both soak into my face after a light massage/rub. The final step for me is always skin food -- it's the first and the last in my shaving routine.

Hope this helps .... ymmv, of course. :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

Alum block works very well for nicks, cuts and skin stretching..last least 10 years with a small amount
Sodapopjones

Post by Sodapopjones »

cold rinse, alum, pat dry, skin food.

That's my method, leaves my face very soft and smooth.
Hi, my name is Aaron and I'm the poster boy for Omega.