London Vendors for MWF

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Amphibious Tuna

London Vendors for MWF

Post by Amphibious Tuna »

Gents, A little help please. I am headed for London soonest. Staying right off Picadilly Underground stop. Already mapped GFT, T&H and TOBS home stores for visits.
I was wondering if anyone can point me to a merchant in that area that stocks a decent supply of Mitchell's Wool Fat products please.
Semper Fi
Bob
celar36

Post by celar36 »

You might try here. But I am not sure. I can check for you in two weeks when I will be there;)

Fortnum & Mason
181 Piccadilly, London W1A 1ER
Jack
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

John Lewis' department stores, under the Kent brand. They have some other nice shaving stuff as well.
~ Infusing the irreducibly quotidian with sensual pleasure ~
Amphibious Tuna

Post by Amphibious Tuna »

Thanks Guys. I knew someone would have good info.
Bob
brothers

Post by brothers »

Lucky! I'll never see jolly old England.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
1afc

Post by 1afc »

Hi AT

I am visiting London from the Antipodies (where they sent their convicts) and was wandering along today following SWMBO and there, right in my face, was TOBS.

Being a little slow I looked at the shop name and thought "they must sell the stuff". Then the penny dropped and I thought 'duh' this is the real deal.

It's all a bit unreal to me because finding this stuff in Perth, Australia is like finding horsefeathers. That is one of the best things about SMF where one can get heaps of information from people that can actually get their hands on the stuff.

Anyway I went inside and apart from the goodies they even have a barber shop inside.

They have heaps of stuff (obviously) including lots of nice brushes of all sizes and persuasions.

I ended up with a little stash that should keep me happy for a while.

I then continued to follow SWMBO aand she went in to Fortnum and Masons.

There on the third floor they also had heaps of Kent products and the biggest range of Rooney brushes including a demonstrator that looks like you could paint a house with. I was a bit displeased by the way they treated it as they had it stuffed between two glass shelves and the loft was too big so tthe top was squashed by the top shelf. I guess it was their brush so they could do what they like but you know what I mean.

Motto of the story is "follow SWMBO"

Anyweay - Enjoy your shopping.
Alan

I went to the avatar shop but they'd sold out!!
Persius

Post by Persius »

I went on a mission in London looking for Wool fat products, but found none. Tried John Lewis, and none of the staff had even heard of it. Likewise Selfridges. Quick & easy way is on-line at Connaught shaving. Top supplier, fast delivery.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Mitchell's will ship pretty much anywhere quickly in the UK -- and pretty much anywhere in the world -- for a price. They used to have free shipping on orders over £25 or something like that. They are very good in order fulfillment.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

Persius wrote:I went on a mission in London looking for Wool fat products, but found none. Tried John Lewis, and none of the staff had even heard of it. Likewise Selfridges. Quick & easy way is on-line at Connaught shaving. Top supplier, fast delivery.
Because its called Kent :lol:
~ Infusing the irreducibly quotidian with sensual pleasure ~
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Persius wrote:I went on a mission in London looking for Wool fat ...
As noted above, OEM as Kent soap --- it's the same.

However, seeing that it's an "up North" product, it's easy to understand why them posh folk down South wouldn't know of it. Them 'ard workin' lads and lasses in th' North will know about the fat. Take a train to Leeds if you want the authentic labeling - otherwise, just ask for Kent soap, and you'll get the exact same product (labeling aside, of course). :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?