Coate's Sold!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Short Round

Post by Short Round »

Thanks for carrying the coates torch!

I hate to see the vintage stuff go and get replaced with fake gunk.
Tom
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Tom, Ditto for me. Hopefully, Robert or someone else in the current 'loop' will clue us in when ( and 'if' of course ) the new Coate's cream is about to become available.
Regards,
Gordon
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Hi all,

Not good news I'm afraid!

When we sold our shares to Andrew, ag@redlionfoods.com, on 21st June and he agreed to collect the Coate's inventory from our offices at Leverton on 3rd July I agreed to act as a consultant for his proposed product ranges.

Andrew has not replied to any emails, messages or texts since sent. He won't even talk to Coate's stockists or distributors. The Coate's inventory was eventually collected on 4th September by his "Go For" and is probably in Andrew's garage! It is extremely unlikely that anything I'd wish to put my name against will ever appear.

I really don't wish to have anything further to do with Andrew and will not have anything further to do with Coate's.

Regards, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

english_barber wrote:Hi all,

Not good news I'm afraid!

When we sold our shares to Andrew, ag@redlionfoods.com, on 21st June and he agreed to collect the Coate's inventory from our offices at Leverton on 3rd July I agreed to act as a consultant for his proposed product ranges.

Andrew has not replied to any emails, messages or texts since sent. He won't even talk to Coate's stockists or distributors. The Coate's inventory was eventually collected on 4th September by his "Go For" and is probably in Andrew's garage! It is extremely unlikely that anything I'd wish to put my name against will ever appear.

I really don't wish to have anything further to do with Andrew and will not have anything further to do with Coate's.

Regards, Robert
Robert,

That is a real shame.
Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Very disappointing Robert, apparently Andrew is preoccupied with other matters. Thank you for your efforts to keep the brand alive.
Regards,
Squire
vtmax

Post by vtmax »

Sad news Robert but probably a bit of a relief. You and Charlotte I'm sure are busy enough at the shop and I would encourage you to use the newer Trumpers creams as they look and perform wonderfully these days.

Max
brothers

Post by brothers »

Robert, you and Charlotte did more to try to rescue the brand than anyone else, bar none. I don't blame you for closing the door on this effort, and now with the current situation, I'm just going to consider the whole matter a thing of the past, and no longer even mildly interested in what eventually happens to the once-celebrated brand. As you suggest, some things are better off dead. There are plenty of other excellent products with people giving their best efforts to keep them thriving in a tumultuous market. Those are the ones that deserve our support.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Sad news indeed, but not entirely unexpected I suppose given his past behaviour of ignoring your attempts to contact him.
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
Mahyar

Post by Mahyar »

nice