What I don't understand

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

javyn wrote:I'd like to try the Fusion, if Gillette mails me one for free like they did to everyone in the free world over 18 when the Mach 3 came out.
I usually spring for a new system when it comes out. I want to know what's going on. usually they end up somewhere in a drawer, but the M3P and now the Fusion I liked and i keep them around. Every once in a while I get in a pinch for a shave and either of these will give me a great 5 minute shave in a pinch.
Joe
honkdonker

Post by honkdonker »

Tye wrote:
honkdonker wrote:Thank you for encouraging people to post without personally attacking other members, as is the manner of some.

Isn't a comment like this a veiled personal attack against certain members of ye olde forum? Just wondering.
No Tye. It was a sincere thanks to the mod.
baldchin

Post by baldchin »

javyn wrote:I'd like to try the Fusion, if Gillette mails me one for free like they did to everyone in the free world over 18 when the Mach 3 came out.
I think at this point I'd try the Fusion too: if I was given it. I don't think I'd go out specially to buy it. Maybe if it was promoted for a few quid with a couple of blades. I mean damn it, you could nearly sell the spare blades on Ebay.

Is it going to be released in Europe though? It was being criticized in the news papers "FHM style" magazines etc long before it appeared in the US. The main concensus seemed to be that Gillette was taking the p***, that it was a gimmick. A market impact study would be interesting.
Will

If it's smokin' it's cookin', when it's black it's done.
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

baldchin wrote:I think at this point I'd try the Fusion too: if I was given it. I don't think I'd go out specially to buy it. Maybe if it was promoted for a few quid with a couple of blades.
That's pretty much what it comes out to. There are all sorts of special offers around with rebates. When you buy it now it's the equivalent of a few Quid (about $8-9).
Joe