Another returning fan

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Timpac

Another returning fan

Post by Timpac »

Has been many years now since I've regularly visited SMF and I'm glad to see that it seems to be moving along as well as ever. I had to prioritize time related to things like grad school, jobs, and their related internet use and this meant moving away from much in the way of active forum participation in a number of hobbies. I've generally stuck to a trim, well-shaped beard, which also requires interesting and very technical shaving, but has also helped in creating a better beard shape. Yay for synergy. lol. At any rate, still using a Gillette NEW with a tech handle, crystal blades (after trying out samplers from West Coast Shaving), and a variety of excellent products, notably a few of the old shave creams from Saint Charles Shave. Oh yeah, this stuff is also great for head shaving when there's a bit more time available.
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Welcome back!

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Welcome back to the fold.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
giammi

Post by giammi »

Welcome back.
Giammi

Camminare sul filo del rasoio
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

+4
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Good to see you back Timpac. :)
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

From a noob SMFer, welcome back! Glad to make your acquaintance.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Welcome Back.

Come to think of it (and not wanting to steal your thread), I've been out of the loop for a while as well. Times are tough but no excuses for not keeping in touch with friends.

I'll try harder.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

definitely nice to see you out and about....I remember when I first joined seeing you on the forums and being envious that you had been around all this fun since march :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Racso_MS wrote:Welcome Back.

Come to think of it (and not wanting to steal your thread), I've been out of the loop for a while as well. Times are tough but no excuses for not keeping in touch with friends.

I'll try harder.
Welcome back to all and sundry. You raise an excellent point - SMF always seems like a community of friends rather than a raucous convention hall (like some other sites... :D ). I come and go, as well, as life has that tendency to intervene.
Regards,
Mike
vtmax

Post by vtmax »

Yes, welcome back. Sometimes we fade in and out but I have been posting a bit more recently and it feels fun. Let's stick around. Still the highest quality wetshaving forum imo.

Max
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Many of us drift in and out from time to time, but we always return to the nest to show our face.

Welcome back.

Gareth
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

thanks for the positive responses. This has always been a great forum with positive people and it's funny seeing how many names are still the same. Rare to see that kind of consistency over years.
brothers

Re: Another returning fan

Post by brothers »

Timpac wrote: I've generally stuck to a trim, well-shaped beard, which also requires interesting and very technical shaving, but has also helped in creating a better beard shape.
Yes, even guys with beards enjoy contributing to the general festivities, and certainly add to the overall wisdom and the richness of shared experiences here at SMF.

I have to admit that the volume of traffic on the Straight Razor forum is pretty much non-existent. There are some wonderful exchanges involving all of the aspects of straight razors to be found in the archives, by some of the heavy hitters in the straight razor field, but I think there has to be a current interest in order to attract more activity. I've found some remarkable and excited postings there, by current members, who apparently have lost all of their straight razor energy over time and never post there nowadays.

I have tried in my wooden and stilted fashion to start a couple of threads over there, but obviously haven't sparked any activity to speak of. It won't stop me from trying ! Best regards,
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Good to have you back.
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

I've been incommunicado for some time, too. Glad to see the regulars are still knocking around.
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway