Did anyone receive any "new" shaving items for Chr

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
GA Russell

Did anyone receive any "new" shaving items for Chr

Post by GA Russell »

Did anyone receive for Christmas any shaving items which he hadn't tried before?

I got a few:

Figaro soft soap
RazoRock Classic soft soap
Vitos cocoa soft soap
Personna Lab Blue blades
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Nope, not this time around. Last Christmas I did get a nice pot of T&H Lavender cream....oh well....
Regards,
Gordon
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I think it constitutes a new shaving item. It does for me anyway.

At first I told the wife I wanted nothing. You should have seen her face. But I really didn't. I'm not difficult to buy for, it's just that the things I want cost a few k$s. So I told her I wanted an extendable/retractable mirror. Knowing that I'm hard to buy things like that for she told me to buy it. It's exactly what I wanted. Go figure. It's installed, now if I can remember to use it I'll do OK. :lol: Seriously.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
giammi

Post by giammi »

Nothing, not even one single blade, or a free aftershave sample, or a drawing with a boar and a badger in it..nothing, zero, nada..
Giammi

Camminare sul filo del rasoio
brothers

Post by brothers »

My son's a generous guy and he and his family got me one of those nice LLBean shaving kits with some goodies inside. One of the special Italian Barber Semogue brushes modeled after the 1305; a big alum stick; a bakelite german made slant razor and a razor case. I tried the Cobra razor in the case and it's a perfect fit. The wife got me a couple of Omega boars to play around with. And my youngest daughter, she gave me a gift certificate for just what I asked for on my list - a gift certificate for bow ties! Now I've gotta get some ties ordered so I can learn how to tie them. I'm sure it's going to be a bit of a challenge, but it'll be a worthwhile project. I can't wait to wear a bow tie to work one of these days and see if anybody notices.
Last edited by brothers on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
celar36

Post by celar36 »

My wife researched and found me this excellent Gillette 58 but sadly it will arrive after new year:)
Jack
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

No shaving gear this year for me either. But I really am not on need, either.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Nothing, but then all it would be doing is adding to the stockpile. Still, some Harris soap would have been nice :evil:
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Curly Joe

Post by Curly Joe »

I got no shaving gear this year. but I got 150.00$ dollars and was told to buy what shaving gear that I need. now that's a hard choice.
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

I received some Art of Shaving unscented aftershave moisturizer. Pretty nice feeling. Got a lot of tea stuff this year. Funny how gifts seem to cycle.
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Nothing from Santa ... but round this time of year I always treat myself so last week I got 120ml Histoires De Parfums 1740 Marquis De Sade and next week I'll be getting 100ml Le Labo Patchouli 24 and/or 200ml Chanel Cuir De Russie.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

bernards66 wrote:Nope, not this time around. Last Christmas I did get a nice pot of T&H Lavender cream....oh well....
Regards,
Gordon
That is what I received this Christmas
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, Maybe next year it will be my turn again ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

I was delighted to open a box containing Castle Forbes Cedarwood & Sandalwood cream, a sampler of their Limes cream, a travel brush, a travel DE case, a styptic, and a new kit bag. Apparently Mrs. Maskaggs and my father collaborated, which was all the more endearing to me.
Regards,
Mike
TommyDawg

Post by TommyDawg »

My wife did a great job. I just gave her two suggested merchants, and the rest was up to her. She went to Italian barber and got me one of the new razorock DE razors, some cella, a couple of packs of feathers and a tube of 444 ASB. A very nice Christmas of shave swag!!
Tom
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Just a bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime after shave balm from SWMBO. I've not used it before this, but so far I quite like it.
Bryan