An evening shave

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

An evening shave

Post by brothers »

Things worked out a few days ago when I didn't shave in the morning, Waited until the workday was done, then after dinner, enjoyed a leisurely and luxurious shave. Next morning, was pleasantly surprised to feel only a very mild stubble, so I did the same thing again. Makes it nice! I'll do it this way for a while. 8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Gary -

I do evening shaves because I, too, have noticed it's still close in the morning and because I can take my time and make more of an event of it.

- Murray
hookem11

Post by hookem11 »

Another evening shaver. Almost never shave in the morning unless I'm off. Too much of a rush as I need to be at work early in the morning
Regards,
Al
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

When I have something going on the next day and I'll be pressed for time in the AM, I shave the night before. It works fine!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

I've done almost the same thing.

I work out of my home so some days I might not get my shower until late afternoon. On those days I will often shave.

Like the others here I have not problem going out in the morning without shaving again after a morning shower. The only exception to that would be if I have to go out in the morning and will be gone all day. With that in mind I will shave in the morning. But it usually will only be a one, maybe two pass shave.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

shaving is not just for the morning anymore!

over the years i have worked so many different shifts and have to figure in the best times for my daily shave

i must admit i like afternoon shaves the best

marc
celar36

Post by celar36 »

Weird I always shave at evening. Never shave in the morning. Just prefer to go sleep feeling fresh:)
Jack
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I have a preference for early afternoons, but the joy of the evening shave is certainly understood.

I think more gents should give it a try!.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I'm such a creature of habit that I can't start my day without shaving. I suppose that if I worked nights that my day would begin in the evening, in which case I'd shave then. Regardless, I insist on shaving every day unless there are extenuating circumstances, such as being in a coma or on a desert island without my shaving gear. There is no better feeling in my book than a good close shave, irrespective of when one shaves.
Bryan
sunflake

Post by sunflake »

Just before bed for me. It's always nice and quiet very relaxing.
My name is Patrick and I'm Proraso addict and love it!
Exapno

Post by Exapno »

Even before my children arrived I was an evening shaver. I used to get a lot of irritation, by the morning most of that would subside and as my stubble is quite slow growing I'd still look presentable. I don't get so much irritation now but I still prefer evening or afternoon shaves as I really hate having to rush it.

My children also make a morning shave impossible...
"I don't know whether my life has been a success or a failure. But not having any anxiety about becoming one instead of the other, and just taking things as they come along, I've had a lot of extra time to enjoy life."
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Rufus wrote:I'm such a creature of habit that I can't start my day without shaving. I suppose that if I worked nights that my day would begin in the evening, in which case I'd shave then. Regardless, I insist on shaving every day unless there are extenuating circumstances, such as being in a coma or on a desert island without my shaving gear. There is no better feeling in my book than a good close shave, irrespective of when one shaves.
This.
"If we had steak, we could have steak and eggs, if we had some eggs."
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I often shave in the evening. Especially nice just before I retire for bed.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Especially nice just before I retire for bed.
bet the missus agreez :wink: :wink:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

After all the years of waking up with a grizzly bear face, it's a bit shocking to wash my face the first thing in the morning and have it feel smooth and clean shaven, with only a few bits of stubble. OK, I still look like a grizzly bear. I guess I can't change that!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

While I was in the military; Every Morning. Now; every evening. I don't have to be so close shaven so shaving in the evening/night works great for me.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

What can I say, it's a great way to start the evening.
Regards,
Squire
razorhead63

Re: An evening shave

Post by razorhead63 »

I am too an evening shaver... I like to take long shaves with the prep and all that, so nighttime is a great time for it....
Also, going to bed clean shaven is a nice feeling.... I really hate to rush a shave. =D>

John H.
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Morning shaves for me are the usual routine and I will very seldomly ever head out of the house without a shave. I do find that I like to have a little time from rolling out of bed before I take up the razor, seems to give a chance for the face to relax and loose some of its night time puffiness. I wonder if all you evening shavers are sort of enjoying the same effect by forgoing the morning shave.

Any days we have an evening social event I do like to shave in the evening but by plan I will go a bit lighter in the morning. After more than five years of celebrating the whole wet shaving revival with you gents I think I have only gone unshaven for a day once or twice.
Good shaving,

Gary
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm going on 4 months of shaving in the late evening, when things are quiet and I have all the time it takes to do it right. This seems to be working out very well.
Gary