Magnifying Mirror

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Bob H

Magnifying Mirror

Post by Bob H »

My wife has a wall mounted mirror that she uses for makeup etc. This morning I flipped it over to find the mirror on the other side magnifies. I used it to shave today and have to say it really helped to find missed spots or ones not close.

Don't know what the magnifying factor is but I like the results.

Anyone else use one?
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Yes, used my wife's magnifying mirror to check hair growth, which was one of the most interesting and useful things in learning to get a better shave.
Good shaving,

Gary
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I don't use the wifes, if anything she uses mine. I asked for a retractable mirror for Christmas because I'm near sighted and shave w/o my glasses. That means I either bend over to get close to the wall mirror, or I shave like Stevie Wonder. The extendable mirror solved all the problems and flip it over and it's either a 7x or 10x magnifier.

We mostly use the magnifier for removing eyelashes from the eye.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

I also use my wife's mirror, which is an extendable shaving mirror to my eyes. I use the magnified side and it really helps me get *everything* off my chin.

Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Had a floor model that I used not so much to shave the face but when I did the head shaving thing I used it to see the back of my head as I shaved it.

Unfortunately a couple of the cats got into a scuffle in the bathroom and knocked it over shattering the mirror and scaring the crap out of them selves as the glass flew. No injuries other than to the mirror. From that point on I just used my fingers and hand to "feel" the back of the head for a good shave.

No longer shave the head, actually have big bald spot on top and pony tail in back now. Can see well in the regular mirror and with the feel method to get a great face shave and the bald spot too.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I've got one mounted ti a wall in my shave den. i used to use the magnifying side fairly often, but anymore I just use the standard side when I shave.

Cheers,

Craig
Waggy

Re: Magnifying Mirror

Post by Waggy »

oddly this is what i came to post about!

I been looking for a mirror. i hate that they get foggy and i can't see.

any recommendations?
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

A molecularly thin coating of soap or parrafin wax will prevent the fogging. But it must be thin and polished out or it will be a nuisance.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Waggy

Post by Waggy »

ShadowsDad wrote:A molecularly thin coating of soap or parrafin wax will prevent the fogging. But it must be thin and polished out or it will be a nuisance.

nice. will have to do that. so then i could get a decent one on a arm or such.