If I found the shaving product I've always been looking for

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.

Would you tell anybody if you found THE one you've always been searching for?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 34

ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

bernards66 wrote:I voted 'no' because look what's happened when I've said 'yes'; almost everything I raved about on these forums years back have been reformulated, cheapened, or discontinued ( think D R Harris's shaving Milk, Coate's shave creams, US made Schick Injector blades, various colognes like Floris No 89, and almost all the tallow based shave and bath soaps that I loved ), or you guys have driven the prices for old stock items on eBay through the roof. No....sometimes I think I never should have shared about ANY of this stuff....just left those guys on the original shave forum to stumble along as best they could without me....yep, sometimes I think that....sigh. So, now I say 'NO'!....but it doesn't matter because it's extremely unlikely that I'm going to discover anything else super that other members haven't already found at this point, and I'm done with the 'experimenting' and 'discovery' phases anyway. Ah well....carry on then....
Regards,
Gordon
Thank you Gordon for manning up on why all this happened. Should we consider you a bad luck charm when me mention a product that still maybe great and hope and pray that you have not tried it nor will try it in the future and thus keeping it great for the rest of us? :D :D :D :D
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wendell, remember the Clairol commercial: Would you or wouldn't you? If you are ambivalent, it's not the thread that's causing it! :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:Wendell, remember the Clairol commercial: Would you or wouldn't you? If you are ambivalent, it's not the thread that's causing it! :lol:
Only my hairdresser knows for sure -- and for the record that would be my wife -- she's been my barber for 32+ years. Seriously -- I won't let anyone else near my cranium for the purpose of styling or removing hair.

Luckily MWF continues strong and steady -- the one product I hope to never run out of.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
ateace

Post by ateace »

If I found the one product that I really wanted and had searched high and low for, I would buy enough to suit me and then I would share the good news.

In other words, I voted "Yes."
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

If anyone is interested in the French "Donkey Milk" shave soap stick and/or cream I have some of each for sale in the FS forum.

regards,
Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Someone needs to buy that soap from Chris. I would, but I'm heavily invested already. 8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

jww wrote:
brothers wrote:Wendell, remember the Clairol commercial: Would you or wouldn't you? If you are ambivalent, it's not the thread that's causing it! :lol:
Only my hairdresser knows for sure -- and for the record that would be my wife -- she's been my barber for 32+ years. Seriously -- I won't let anyone else near my cranium for the purpose of styling or removing hair.

Luckily MWF continues strong and steady -- the one product I hope to never run out of.
He doesn't even need to vote or explain. I believe Wendell's actions reflect his position very simply - he loves MWF and he's committed to telling the world, in quite a positive way. See below:
jww wrote:Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Gary