Where to buy DE blades in Germany?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
a-cut-above

Where to buy DE blades in Germany?

Post by a-cut-above »

Hi! I haven't posted in a while but I still read SMF frequently.
My wife and I are traveling to Germany this summer to visit relatives and see the sites. We hope to travel with carry-ons only. Does anyone know the names of stores where I can buy DE blades?
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
Janus

Post by Janus »

Most of the bigger supermarkets (Aldi, Spar/Edeka) still carry them, at least they did five years ago. Also many drugstores or 'Apotheke' (usually easily identifiable by a neon-lit green cross).
Janus
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

Thanks!
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Pretty easy to find Wilkinson blades at the above listed places. You may also want to look in the window of the odd cutlery store if you pass one, sometimes these stores will carry Merkur and Dovo. If you pass by a Manufactum store do stop in as they usually carry a small but unique selection of shaving products.
Good shaving,

Gary
giammi

Post by giammi »

Janus wrote:Most of the bigger supermarkets (Aldi, Spar/Edeka) still carry them, at least they did five years ago. Also many drugstores or 'Apotheke' (usually easily identifiable by a neon-lit green cross).
Many Douglas Shops also have those wilkinson blades. Just ask for "Rasierklingen"
Giammi

Camminare sul filo del rasoio
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

Giammi,
Thank you for the advice. There are nine Douglas shops in Munich and one near the train station in Passau, two of our destinations. Much appreciated.
Dave