New site

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Re: New site

Post by VinceFX »

Zot! wrote:oh no we lost Squire's reviews!
This is issue is now resolved. All previous links to posts on the old forum are now automatically redirected to the new forum. If you find any dead links, please let me know.

Thanks,
Vince
:::Vince:::
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Vince, Do we currently have a admin/mods. forum like we did?...and if so, where is it?
Regards,
Gordon
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Gordon, I answered that question a week ago in a PM to you. Click on user control panel at the top (2 lines below "SMF2") and then click on the tab for private messages.

The answer is very simple. Look at the forum mainpage as reached by this link, and scroll up and down. All the usual forums are there, and are divided into to groups 'Main Wetshaving topics above, and three 'Announcement' forums below. If you want to navigate back to that page, use the link 'Board Index' at the top left and bottom left of every page here and that's where you will go and what you will see. But if you use the link 'Main Wetshaving Topics' next to it you will only see them, not the Announcement forums. Those links at the top left are actually more than just links, they also reveal that this forum you are in now - General - is in Main Wetshaving Topics and that itself is within the Board Index. The little arrows indicate that this is the case:
Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 12.29.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 12.29.49 PM.png (53.24 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
See what I mean?

The pop-up menu at the bottom right of each forum page doesn't let you go higher in the page hierarchy than Main Wetshaving Topics. So use Board Index, or your browsers back button or keyboard shortcut for Go Back to get back to the main page with all forums listed. And there, provided you are logged in of course, you will see the Mods and Admins forum in its usual place.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Wow!~ What a great new look! (I'm still getting used to the avitars on the other side though) Bravo to those involved in this endeavor!

Bill
Don't think......shave.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

is there any way possible to make the differentiation between posts more acute.....the blue/lighter blue is very straining for me....thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

It might be possible to edit the site template a bit, but most things in the appearance are fixed in the chosen skin. The default skin that comes with each installation and upgrade of phpBB is what you're seeing here. It has the advantage of always being updated with each forum upgrade, but there are many other skins available. Some will break when the phpBB gets a minor upgrade so we had hoped to stay away from them.

Chris
PS I just looked at the template. Definitely not something for me to muck about with.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yes, it's different. But wow, who wants it to go back like it was before? All I can say is well done Vince.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Aha!....'Board Index'....that was the ticket. I was, indeed, using the 'Main Wet Shaving Topics' link to go back to what I thought was the main face page. Thanks.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Appreciate very much having my concerns considered....thanks.....96 thumbs up to all the efforts

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Clive, it's a site for sore eyes.

*Sorry.
Ron
celar36

Post by celar36 »

I would say a BIG THANK YOU =D> =D> =D> to all administrators for making SMF 2.0 and thank you for all hard work keeping this place running !
Jack