Trumpers / Harris / Taylors hair lotions & beards

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Trumpers / Harris / Taylors hair lotions & beards

Post by Squire »

I wouldn't put anything on my beard I wouldn't want to rub off on a baby.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Vinny, when it comes down to it, maybe some Pinaud Clubman Shampoo might be a good one. It's great on my hair, lasts a really long time (16 ounce bottle) and it smells good. Oh, it's very inexpensive, too.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Vinny, my hair tends to be oily anyway, but I also live in a very dry climate. The needs of each person are bound to be different.

Prevention, in the form of addressing a problem before you know it exists, could backfire on you. You might be better served to grow the beard and address your personal needs as they take definition.

The environment of the skin on your face will undergo significant change when you grow a beard. You can imagine that it will be much different with a beard than when regularly shaven, exfoliated, and exposed to the elements. The beard may cause the face to hold more natural oil and you may develop transitional phenomena such as acne or dandruff. Applying oil early on could exacerbate such problems.

I would wait at least two or three months, allowing skin and beard to stabilize into a new environment, before applying any grooming products. This should still allow you plenty of time until the beard grows long enough to determine if you require any special care.

- Murray
Damon Stathatos

Post by Damon Stathatos »

I understand Penhaligon's is coming out with a Sartorial Beard Oil...so there must be something to this theory.

Either that or they figure to try to tap into unchartered territory, something such as that. I think it's just beginning to ship now, so perhaps keep your eye out for it...and have the best smelling beard around ? Best to you in your journey.
'Winning is like shaving...you do it everyday or you end up looking like a bum' --Jack Kemp
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, Damon!

- Murray
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hello Damon, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Damon Stathatos wrote:I understand Penhaligon's is coming out with a Sartorial Beard Oil
Now that is a purveyor of shaving goods covering all the bases.
Regards,
Squire