Got wild an crazy....

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
marine-mp

Got wild an crazy....

Post by marine-mp »

Well...after being referred to as an "ole-stik-in-the-mud"....I decided to get crazy an buy a shave cream yesterday. Was at our local grocery (Ingles) in Murphy and picked up some Kiss My Face Key Lime. I must say...for a first shave with it, I am impressed. 18 hours later, I've barely got a trace of stubble. It's got great glide, great cushion and is slicker-n-snot on a doorknob!!!! Mama should insult me more often :mrgreen: !!! Have others who have tried the KMF brand found similarities??? Semper-fi. Mike
Semper-fi and This We'll Defend
brothers

Re: Got wild an crazy....

Post by brothers »

Mike the KMF creams are excellent and they're economical too. Available at a lot of places too. It's definitely a good value in shaving creams.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Yup, KMF is really good stuff! I think it's very underrated because it's made here and not in the UK and branded with a British sounding name.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

As Gary pointed out -- the economics of KMF are such a strong selling point, it makes one want to give it a go just because it's so inexpensive. I have only seen it on store shelves a couple of times when we have been in New England (Maine and Vermont, specifically). But today, a quick Google search result shows that Best Buy Canada as well as Well.ca actually sell some of the line .....

I'll have to grab some one day to give it a go ---- inexpensive and Lavendar in the same sentence is such a tempting combination of words ($5.29 for a tube) ..... :wink:

Then I take a walk over to their website, and low and behold they even have some tubes as low as $2.49 USD (Patchouli and Key Lime). Oh this just gets too stressful --- First the Kent BK/H4, then the desire for a forray into a SE razor, and now this -- just when I thought I had it all together and well in control vis-a-vis AD ..... :shock:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

ShadowsDad wrote:Yup, KMF is really good stuff! I think it's very underrated because it's made here and not in the UK and branded with a British sounding name.
Not to mention the packaging is very North American drug-store-ish looking ... not that this should matter, but curb appeal has some influence on the buying decision of Joe and Jane Public.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
marine-mp

Post by marine-mp »

Well fellas.......used the KMF again this morning just to see if yesterday was a aberration....nope.. [-X ...same as yesterday....13:45 now and shaved at 0500 this morning and not nary a stubble. Dare I say that maybe....MAYBE....."the fat" (at ease Wendell!!!) may have to take 2nd fiddle. We shall continue to "test" the KMF for about a week and then make a decision. I am..as Mama says, an 'ole stick in the mud, and don't take to change to well, but this may have to be an exception. Till then.....Semper-fi Mike
Semper-fi and This We'll Defend
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

ShadowsDad wrote:Yup, KMF is really good stuff! I think it's very underrated because it's made here and not in the UK and branded with a British sounding name.
I think its situation is similar to that of The Real Shaving Co. shaving cream, which also gets little respect and is carried, in Canada, by the big box pharmacies. It is, however, made in England and I believe by Crieghtons, which makes creams for Trumpers and Taylors. TRSC and KMF are truly the Rodney Dangerfields of the wet shaving world.
Bryan
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, Real Shaving Co. is a Creightons product and works very well. Probably the same stuff we pay considerably more for under another label.
Regards,
Squire
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Squire wrote:Yes, Real Shaving Co. is a Creightons product and works very well. Probably the same stuff we pay considerably more for under another label.
Cynic!!!
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

The triumph of experience over hope.
Regards,
Squire